A short hello and somethings about me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFlyingBeer

Reaction score
Hey brewers. Finally getting around to posting on these boards after reading what seems to be half the posts. You guys got a great setup here which makes it great for outsiders to get in on the action.

A lil'bout myself: I'm a student studying electrical engineering, with some focuses in aviation and space sciences. I hold my private pilots license (hence the name) and am working towards my commercial certification. Currently I am studying abroad at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia.

I've always had a great appreciation for good beers but only on this trip abroad did I first start brewing. Picked up extract brewing from my housemate here and now I'm hooked. I have some awesome plans for my own brewery once I get back to the states, but since money is always short esp overseas, I just get to plan for now.

Well thats enough of an introduction from me I suppose, back to schoolwork (uggh!) and planning.

Hey there and welcome! :mug:
Aviation and beer? those go good together...:drunk: ;)

I was in Brisbane about 12 years ago and loved the place. The people there were very friendly. It sounds like a great place to go to school.

So what do you have or plan to have brewing? Maybe a XXXX clone? :D
I was told that that's how Australian's spell beer.

RichBrewer said:
Hey there and welcome! :mug:
Aviation and beer? those go good together...:drunk: ;)

Gotta keep them quite separated. I plan my drinking around my flying and not the other way around.

I was in Brisbane about 12 years ago and loved the place. The people there were very friendly. It sounds like a great place to go to school.

So what do you have or plan to have brewing? Maybe a XXXX clone? :D
I was told that that's how Australian's spell beer.

The XXXX (pronounced forex) brewery is actually right down the road from me. Although I am not too impressed by their beers they do make a decent stout. With my housemate we have brewed quite a few batches this semester but the top two were a Honey Porter (Mrs. Honey Pots as it has now been called) and nice wheat.

Welcome to the forum (again :D ). There are a few of us pilots on the board, there's even a thread full of 'em, you could post there as well.

The arilines are hiring like crazy lately, but I have since given up on an airline career with a wife and kid to support. With your education you would probably be better off getting a good paying job and joining an aero club, but The Pol may chime in about the positive aspects of flying for the airlines.

Enough about flying, this forum is about beer and we're all happy to answer questions, just remember that the questions have probably been asked before.

See ya on the boards. :mug:

Flyin' Lion said:
With your education you would probably be better off getting a good paying job and joining an aero club, but The Pol may chime in about the positive aspects of flying for the airlines.

I actually plan on working in the aerospace industry somewhere designing aviation or space systems, but flying is my passion. The commercial cert is just another step in my curriculum and I am really just doing this step to get instrument certified. Thanks for the welcome.

Back