A New Shade Of Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keffa

Reaction score
So, after looking over some of the other recipes on here, and after seeing what I have available, I came up with this revised version of a pale ale, based loosely off Yooper's House Pale:

5 gallon batch
6.5 gallon boil

6.5 lb Marris Otter
1.5 lb Vienna
.5 lb C40

.25 Northern Brewer @ 60 (9.5% AA)
1 oz Cascade @ 15 (5.4%)
1 oz Cascade @ 5 (5.4%)
1 oz Cascade KO steep for 10 minutes (5.4%)
1 oz Cascade dry hop for 7 days (5.4%)

US-05, mash at 153.

I think it looks pretty good, personally, OG 1.049, FG 1.012, IBU 26, ABV 4.8%, SRM 6.

All comments welcome/appreciated. I'm going to run this past Bobert and see what he thinks, we'd be able to brew it this weekend if he's okay with it.

If your looking for a hoppy 4.8% APA I wouldn't change anything.

That would also be a nice base recipe for you to experiment with different hops down the road. Just swap the cascades for whatever you want to try.

If your looking for a hoppy 4.8% APA I wouldn't change anything.

That would also be a nice base recipe for you to experiment with different hops down the road. Just swap the cascades for whatever you want to try.

Thank you sir. I have another recipe for a pale in here (The Color Of This Beer Is Pale Ale) that I had originally planned on brewing, but I've decided to not to brew it right now. I was looking around earlier at other recipes, and saw yooper's House Pale, and played around with it a bit, and thus my new recipe.

I may do the hop swap (lol) later on, as there are a few hops that I'd like to play around with.

So, after looking over some of the other recipes on here, and after seeing what I have available, I came up with this revised version of a pale ale, based loosely off Yooper's House Pale:

5 gallon batch
6.5 gallon boil

6.5 lb Marris Otter
1.5 lb Vienna
.5 lb C40

.25 Northern Brewer @ 60 (9.5% AA)
1 oz Cascade @ 15 (5.4%)
1 oz Cascade @ 5 (5.4%)
1 oz Cascade KO steep for 10 minutes (5.4%)
1 oz Cascade dry hop for 7 days (5.4%)

US-05, mash at 153.

I think it looks pretty good, personally, OG 1.049, FG 1.012, IBU 26, ABV 4.8%, SRM 6.

All comments welcome/appreciated. I'm going to run this past Bobert and see what he thinks, we'd be able to brew it this weekend if he's okay with it.

Hah! Found you!!

Back