A landmark brew night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borden

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to say "thank you" for the advice and help in getting this new homebrewer going. Tonight is a special: the first brew night with a homebrew in hand! After finally aging past some odd off-flavors, my Irish Red is proving to be a very trustworthy companion (along with the supportive SWMBO).

Just added 2oz Perle bittering hops to my pale ale. It's a Midwest Sierra Nevada clone kit, modified with an extra pound of light DME, Wyeast 1272 (American Ale II), and ultimately some dry-hopping with Amarillo. I'm not exactly sure what to expect, but I'm hoping for something a little hoppier and more citrusey than a regular SNPA. And hey, if I'm wrong, no sweat, it'll be beer. :D

Anyway, thanks again -- wouldn't have made it this far in the hobby without the Homebrew Talk forums.

Prost! :mug::mug:

everyone's here to help or be helped, and congrats on the beer. hope the new stuff comes out good, but with enough hops, anything is good :D

Latest posts

Back