A good summer brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to try a Raspberry Wheat Festa Brew from Noble Grape - one of our LHBS here in maritime Canada...it's bottle conditioning now...OG was 1.050 and bottled at 1.012...so around 5% ABV. Contrary to the experts on here, I went with the instructions from Noble Grape, and added the Vintners Harvest Raspberry puree, to the primary. I tested it before bottling, and it had a pleasant tart taste, and an interesting light pinkish strawish colour. And like my late daddy said, there's nothing better than a little tart LOL!:D Hopefully, it will condition until the dog days of summer, slowish to arrive here this year. I bought another can of puree for a second batch in case they're right about adding it to secondary - covering my bases. On deck is a Festa Pale Ale, which promises to be a nice refreshing daytime beer. In the hole I will have some Festa Bock and Altbier for the cool nights. I can't see the remainder of my Festa West Coast IPA and Brewhouse Oktoberfest making it past the last stored 18 bottles. So good!!!!

Just brewed yesterday, (Nut Brown w/oats), and you guys got me wanting to brew again! But I gotta work tonight.:mad:

But I think I'm gonna shoot for a SMaSH, on Thursday. That 2 row and Cascade will probably be the one.

I love my darker beers, but now I got the itch to brew something lighter, and with less kick.

pb

I like a good cream ale. I just brewed the weed feed and mow recipe from Jamils book. Came out very tasty. Going to brew the Helles Belles recipe next. I also like a good APA during the summer.

I just bottled an American Wheat and added orange zest to the boil. Tried one this weekend. It was nice. Reminded me of a Blue Moon, but a bit darker and more bitter finish. Probably won't really be ready for a few more weeks. Just in time for the end of school.

Here's a vote for Wayne's Blue Moon recipe(check the Recipe section, there's an over 100page post). Light, refreshing.
A Cream ale is another light refresher.

You're making me quite thirsty ;)

I have a APA clone in the carboy dry-hopped that'll be coming out next week to the keg. Dead Ringer IPA from Northern Brewer

This is my second IPA and I'm really falling for them!

I brewed a SMaSH that turned out to be a real winner. Just Canadian 2-row and Perle. Easy peasy punch and pie.

I just brewed an oatmeal stout and a Bels Oberon clone - 50% wheat. This should get the summer started and eliminate reliance on Budweiser!

I just brewed an oatmeal stout and a Bels Oberon clone - 50% wheat. This should get the summer started and eliminate reliance on Budweiser!

Nobody should ever have a reliance on Budweiser. :)

Drinking Summer Love now. Good Beer.

A simple, straightforward kit to do. No messing about with this one on a hot day. Tip it in a pot
add your sugar and the other stuff that comes with the kit
top up formenter with water
add yeast
bang on the lid
air lock on
4 to 5 days later Bottle it up
Wait two weeks later
Put bottles in a large ice bucket
Carry out to the garden

and ENJOY

Lets just keep it simple sometimes :mug:

That is what we done over last weekend

So my whet went so quickly, I needed a second batch. Made the Brewers Best Summer Ale. 10 days in primary and a week in the bottle and its already nice. Excited to see how it is in a couple more weeks.

Back