A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did ya get? I love coffee, matter of fact I'm drinking some at the moment.
Hi, as this greeting seems to have taken over this thread like goats in Please Delete. :D

After a lot of following along in the coffee threads, I picked up a Baratza Virtuoso grinder and a Bonavita 5 cup pot. Though looking back now, maybe I should have gotten the 8 cup. Because my wife who had stopped drink coffee a few years back has suddenly taken a renewed interest in it since I have started this new endeavor. :mad:

Yesterday SoCo LHBS had get together. Free beer supplied by Whichcraft and various local breweries including Blue Owl which gave a lesson on sour mashing. A retired dude traveling across the country gave us samples of Parabola...my new best bud.

Not shown are Buckethead IPA, SoCo's Alt other HBs. Also went to Alamo Drafthouse to see Civil War. Had Easy Jack, another Blue Owl Little Boss, and Oddel 90 shilling. Hard to believe made it into work at 6:45..

View attachment 1462727252890.jpg

View attachment 1462727273092.jpg

View attachment 1462727282251.jpg

View attachment 1462727289921.jpg

View attachment 1462727297901.jpg

View attachment 1462727571969.jpg

Yesterday SoCo LHBS had get together. Free beer supplied by Whichcraft and various local breweries including Blue Owl which gave a lesson on sour mashing. A retired dude traveling across the country gave us samples of Parabola...my new best bud.

Not shown are Buckethead IPA, SoCo's Alt other HBs. Also went to Alamo Drafthouse to see Civil War. Had Easy Jack, another Blue Owl Little Boss, and Oddel 90 shilling. Hard to believe made it into work at 6:45..

That looks fun, and tasty! Spent yesterday swimming with my 3 and 1 yr old boys, my parents, and my sister and two 2-yr old nephews. Was awesome weather. Today is drizzly and balmy, but we all went out for a Mother's Day brunch. Kids are down napping now. Time to clean up the kitchen and get some drinking on!

That looks fun, and tasty! Spent yesterday swimming with my 3 and 1 yr old boys, my parents, and my sister and two 2-yr old nephews. Was awesome weather. Today is drizzly and balmy, but we all went out for a Mother's Day brunch. Kids are down napping now. Time to clean up the kitchen and get some drinking on!

Looks like central Texas will be like this all week. Might as well work more OT!

tumblr_inline_nimnjuC6SL1t2geia.png

Morning all! Going to this HB get together Saturday was like being in candy land. Recirculation pumps, quick disconnects, SS fermenters oh my! OT will be taking brewing to next level. Time for backyard brewpub..

The amazing thing is not just how high he jumped, but also how far away he was when he made the jump.

Yeah. The "Hi" jump is almost like ballet when it's done right. It's just so incredibly technical when you start to read about it. So cool to watch.

It's a shame the WR jump footage from '93 is so grainy. 2cm higher again.

BxQSiW_IEAEOMIt.jpg

Yeah. The "Hi" jump is almost like ballet when it's done right. It's just so incredibly technical when you start to read about it. So cool to watch.

It's a shame the WR jump footage from '93 is so grainy. 2cm higher again.

BxQSiW_IEAEOMIt.jpg

There's an ancient Kung Fu training where one digs a 3ft hole, jumps out 3x/week till exhausted. Every month or so add 1oz of weight to ankles and dig the hole 2in deeper. After a few dedicated years, you're jumping out of an 8ft hole with 20lbs on the ankles. Easy peasy! 😀

@piano that looked like an awesome event..

Yep, seeing how other HBer do things got me rolling. Got my first wort pump on order. Quick disconnect fittings next, a kettle modification to HLT, and finally a 2nd burner (looking at that Blichmann). Might step up OT for that SS 7.5gal conical w/temp control. Appears CO2 can be used to xfer to keg so very little air is exposed. Anyway..drooling right now over toys..

@pianoman that sounds awesome. I'm not so interested in temperature control as much as I am interested in easy kegging. I am the worst beer racker that ever lived. So you got the quick disconnects and a pump to recirculate? Did you get like a chugger or a 12 volt? Hey I got no problem with toys I want to set up hi-Fi speakers for my Outdoors. Played some piano in the studio the other day, if you could call it that. More like plugging away with my left hand and embellishing with my right. I had the blichmann burner i forgot. I wish I would have kept it because going electric was expensive and I think I could have lived with the gas burner . I did a lot of research and ultimately decided that it was the best for price value durability quality ease-of-use xcetera. I think a cheap turkey fryer would work too wouldn't it. For me in the long run I decided a hundred and fifty bucks wasn't that big of a deal for a good burner to last me a lifetime used it once and sold it for a hundred bucks.

Apple..it depends on where one lives and beer one brews, but highly recommend fermentation temperature control. We get pretty warm here in central Texas. Got a 110vac pump. Plan on shed remodel for brewing for now, seems the cheep way to go. Just need to get off the electric stove. I think a turkey fryer burner for an hlt and blich for boil would be perfect.

Did you use the Blich before getting rid of it? This change over will probably take months so not all is ordered. I drilled a hole though the wall and wired outside speakers, super nice by the pool. As far a piano, you've played more than me in the last month. Ha!

@piano true true. Even when its hot here my little basement closet doesnt get to hot or at least i think it doesnt, i hope! Yes used it 2x once to oxidize 15 gal. Aluminum pot once to brew. My electric stove was faster so I bailed on it right away but have discussed with others that maybe I didn't have it set right people said turn it up as much as you can others said just to keep the blue flame on it. I didn't like the idea that I would ever have to go and get gas for it as well so chose electric. I go from draining bag to boil in 10 minutes with 5500 watt element. Have many threads on putting in 220 and brewing quick. See quick is my thing love to drink beer not so much love in making. This seems to piss people off (well maybe i do that all alone) but I don't mean any disrespect. At the time I thought electric stove was faster and also thought I like being inside. Going back I would have kept the burner lived with it even being a little slower and been happy outside. Love being outside when I'm brewing I get stupid with the sanitizer spray and laugh at the sky. Also the electric seems touchy and I think it's not as Road hard as a burner. I'm not overly familiar with burners but I like the idea that the blichmann used less gas and was designed to keep the flame right on it where some adjustments seem necessary with the others. If we didn't get a new stove I probably would have stayed on it. But I was always making messes in kitchen.
Got 5 gallons of this tonight hope its good

View attachment 1462843234914.jpg

Latest posts

Back