A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are songs and poems written about it.

I'll take what I can get. Where's my ribbon.

Here you go :D

US1BackGPK.png

Austin certainly has some less-bad places around it, but it doesn't compare to what the PNW has to offer. I've spent plenty of time around all of Texas. It just doesn't compare in the slightest.

Lived on the Pacific coast, Santa Cruz area, for many years, understand what you mean. Buddy moved up to Portland in October. Said it never got above 50 nor any sun until March. All about location in relation to the cascades I hear. Want to visit SO bad, wife wants to slit wrists just thinking about going to PNW. Ha!

Okay Friendly Friends and others, I'm hosting a beer giveaway open to all the usual suspects.

Hunter's RockPaperScissors Overly-Complicated Beer Giveaway!

Rules:
1) Anyone who wishes to participate will need to send me a PM.
2) Signups will close the evening of Sunday April 17th.
3) All those signed up at that time will be divided up into a bracket system, pairing competitors into twos.
4) For each round of the bracket, opposing competitors will PM me their throw - Rock, Paper, or Scissors.
5) I will then announce who threw what and who the winners are, and advance to the next round.
6) Repeat ad nauseum until only one Champeen remains.
7) Winner gets beer! Will it be Big Flats? Let's hope not.

Signups begin... meow!

Lived on the Pacific coast, Santa Cruz area, for many years, understand what you mean. Buddy moved up to Portland in October. Said it never got above 50 nor any sun until March. All about location in relation to the cascades I hear. Want to visit SO bad, wife wants to slit wrists just thinking about going to PNW. Ha!

Yeah all that green certainly has a high price. Dec-Feb is nonstop rain pretty much. To me the spring and summer makes up for it, but can understand why others would disagree.

Rain, snow or 100F summers. Gotta live with one in 99% of places.

Try this on for size....30sec from downtown Austin.

They say everything is bigger in Texas, but those lupine, not so much.

Visit in July August or September. Sunny, not too hot, and really long days.

I have a great view from the office, but always take horrible photos of it. Imagine the Capitol, part of downtown and the foothills with some big mountains behind it.

They say everything is bigger in Texas, but those lupine, not so much.

Visit in July August or September. Sunny, not too hot, and really long days.

I have a great view from the office, but always take horrible photos of it. Imagine the Capitol, part of downtown and the foothills with some big mountains behind it.

I said I'd take the heat but I'd move to Denver tomorrow.

I've never much considered moving from Texas, but Colorado was the first place I've ever visited where I thought to myself, "yeah, I could live here".

Still one of my favorite states to visit. Haven't been in a couple years though.

I'd really like to spend some time in Colorado and the PNW. I haven't done much traveling west of the Mississippi except San Francisco and Las Vegas.

Hey all,

I received a message from Slym2none. He wanted me to relay to you guys that he unfortunately has been banned from this site. And unjustly in his opinion. He wanted you guys to know that he just didn't disappear on you all.

I personally am dissapointed. I've dealt with Slym on another site for a couple of years, and he has always been someone I could ask all questions relating to beer and food. Replying with insightful info, and humor. I am homebrewing, and on this site because of him. I hope he is not permanently banned, or it is at least reconsidered.

I've never much considered moving from Texas, but Colorado was the first place I've ever visited where I thought to myself, "yeah, I could live here".

It's been a while since I looked, but located in the SE corner a county where land was like 2K/5 acres in a moderate temperature location, averages 30F winter and 85f in summer. Could build a 30K self sustaining tiny home and retire. But, again, wife (now I see where the term SWMBO comes from), would slit her wrists. I even said i'd make a compound for the family. Here's the funny thing. All the boys in the family are ready to go, the wives are not...they seem to be ruling the decision.

Hey all,

I received a message from Slym2none. He wanted me to relay to you guys that he unfortunately has been banned from this site. And unjustly in his opinion. He wanted you guys to know that he just didn't disappear on you all.

I personally am dissapointed. I've dealt with Slym on another site for a couple of years, and he has always been someone I could ask all questions relating to beer and food. Replying with insightful info, and humor. I am homebrewing, and on this site because of him. I hope he is not permanently banned, or it is at least reconsidered.

I will need a person to relay shipping information to him...can I count on you? How do you get banned from an entire site??

It's been a while since I looked, but located in the SE corner a county where land was like 2K/5 acres in a moderate temperature location, averages 30F winter and 85f in summer. Could build a 30K self sustaining tiny home and retire. But, again, wife (now I see where the term SWMBO comes from), would slit her wrists. I even said i'd make a compound for the family. Here's the funny thing. All the boys in the family are ready to go, the wives are not...they seem to be ruling the decision.

Which county?

I will need a person to relay shipping information to him...can I count on you? How do you get banned from an entire site??

Sure, I can do that for you or anyone else. He didn't give me the specifics of the ban.

Sure, I can do that for you or anyone else.

There is a package on his porch from me right now. I forgot to put a note inside - doh!
Can you please let me know if everything arrived ok? Also, I didn't realize the dude was a chef before I sent the homemade caramels. I hope he likes them.

Hey all,

I don't think you'll find many former members that think they were rightfully banned. ;)

Seriously though, it sounds like he was going through a rough patch. I hope things turn around for him.

Also, I didn't realize the dude was a chef...

Dude needs to move to Austin! So much going on in the food scene here. My daughter in law graduated from Cordon Blue here, and is in constant communication with chefs in the area. Family life keeping her from taking on a full time position tho..

There is a package on his porch from me right now. I forgot to put a note inside - doh!
Can you please let me know if everything arrived ok? Also, I didn't realize the dude was a chef before I sent the homemade caramels. I hope he likes them.

I'll let him know.

I'd be more concerned with the slight lack of sun. SAD is a real thing you know. After 3 days of cloudy weather, I'm ready to end it all.

You can always tell the Colorado natives from the transplants. 3 days of cloudy weather and they are about to slit their wrists. As a transplant, I just laugh. St Louis is cloudy from Oct through Feb, with an occasional day or two of sun.

The view out my office window is crap. The view out the front door of our building is great. I'll post a pic when heading to lunch beers.

I forgot after my dreams got shattered. I used this site to poke around. There's also very cheep land in west Texas...if you like the western movie look.

http://www.landwatch.com/

EDIT:
Sorry..fixed that....

There is cheap land in southern CO (near Pueblo and Alamosa). The thing that kills you is water rights. Please don't make me explain water right, because I don't think I can.

Latest posts

Back