A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you are welcome... :)

I take it they aren't crossing the divide in WY, but will bring it to CO. That is screwed up.

Looking at it that way makes yet seem so far away.... I keep saying when my daughter graduates high school. Which is 12 years away, also, but for some reason sounds more positive...

5.5 gallons on red rye honey saison and 5.5 gallons on red pale in fermenters.

More beer and firing up the grill.

Yup pretty much. Maybe later this month. How is it? It's been so long I don't remember.

Some other Melvin.....Hubert.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459652641.871578.jpg

If you're the king I'm probably Prince or something. Year old SNPA is a completely different beer.

I'm convinced they tweaked the SNPA about a year ago....

Probably psychosomatic, but it seemed go coincide with the opening of the NC location and a packaging change...

I'm convinced they tweaked the SNPA about a year ago....

Probably psychosomatic, but it seemed go coincide with the opening of the NC location and a packaging change...
I've probably had about 100 in the kart year. I noticed no change, aside from the antique 12 pack I bought for a work thing.

Not PKUing right now, just popping in for a quick question. Gotta tend to my boil
Anyone else underwhelmed by the hop character in this release? Bottling date says 3/15/16 so its not old at all...maybe Ive got palate fatigue

CemNZNoWIAAIVmA.jpg

edit:had to use a stock photo since I get errors when I try to attach one

Hb IPA. Looking at 3 houses tomorrow. Kid is finally off to bed and the wife just got home. Finally get to actually relax. Guess I'm not bottling tonight, hopefully tomorrow.

Future QOTD: how old is too old for an IPA (that you weren't getting for the discount)?

well from my response above, 17 days apparently. But I really do think they did something different with this one.

Realistically, I'd say 3 months out from packaging, provided it was bottled/kegged within a month of pitching

Finished pAinting the living room- can't wait to start laying my hardwood flooring tomorrow. It's gonna be a pretty challenging room to do with a couple different transitions. We haven't used this room since we bought the house so it will be a huge square footage addition once it is done

Canada, eh?

Yep. Got the car ferry to Sidney and are in Parksville. The PNW is just incredible and it is sunny to boot (not now it's night in specific time too).

Have a kelp stout in the fridge. A vancouver island brewery. Bottle-o bloke was real helpful in pointing me toward some locally made bombers. Great selection.

I'm a lucky bugger.

Ask me after I drink it.

It has been a very @val214 day. Let's finish it that way.
View attachment 348569

That @Val214 Hibiscus Saison belongs in the Smithsonian's ridiculously beautiful beers section. Pictured in So-cal with the sun ricocheting twixt glass and lens with some fuchsia flowers in the background and you've got yourself a jealous, grreen with envy Texplant.

I can't fathom the imagination needed to come up with that one.

BTW. Congrats @mcbaumannerb on the Blizzwin. Well deserved.

Last edited:
I can dig it. I killed the hibiscus Saison bomber.

Brett saison or stout from the same guy, G-Bot, or Pizza port?

Yep. Got the car ferry to Sidney and are in Parksville. The PNW is just incredible and it is sunny to boot (not now it's night in specific time too).

Have a kelp stout in the fridge. A vancouver island brewery. Bottle-o bloke was real helpful in pointing me toward some locally made bombers. Great selection.

I'm a lucky bugger.

That @Val214 Hibiscus Saison belongs in the Smithsonian's ridiculously beautiful beers section. Pictured in So-cal with the sun ricocheting twixt glass and lens with some fussy flowers in the background and you've got yourself a jealous, grreen with envy Texplant.

It tastes about ten times better than it looks.

Glad you're enjoying the trip.

I'm a lucky bugger.

That @Val214 Hibiscus Saison belongs in the Smithsonian's ridiculously beautiful beers section. Pictured in So-cal with the sun ricocheting twixt glass and lens with some fussy flowers in the background and you've got yourself a jealous, grreen with envy Texplant.

Damn! And you have never had it! Well not going to send you any and ruin your description.

It tastes about ten times better than it looks.

Glad you're enjoying the trip.

Glad you enjoyed that beer. My girl calls it my one hit wonder brew. Hater.

Drink that stout. Enjoy the Brett saison at a later day when you are sober. [emoji6]

Damn! And you have never had it! Well not going to send you any and ruin your description.

You're underselling sir. Demand twice the volume in science lagers since we can't really assign $4$. You'll be close, and Gav can have his manservant ship.

Aldo we might be able to combine shippers if you act quickly.

Glad you enjoyed that beer. My girl calls it my one hit wonder brew. Hater.

Drink that stout. Enjoy the Brett saison at a later day when you are sober. [emoji6]

Glad I cellared the peppermint. There's a bunch of other stuff too, that's all I could list. Good call though.

Latest posts

Back