A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slym, just saw your PM. I told Mcbaumannerb to send his address and I was already working on getting yours. I said I was fine with sending two boxes, so let's just do that. You guys can send me your addresses and tell me what you like or dislike, or I can stalk you and send you a random box of beer. Your choice. Yes, I'm threatening you with beer. On friendly thread. Wow.

@slym2none
@mcbaumannerb

Thank you blizzard. I'll get in touch - just have company over at the moment.

Too late. Not bad, but won't likely buy it again.

Yeah, taster
at the store wasn't great.

I figured that was implied when you mentioned AOL chat rooms. Like saying: I won't mention how long I've owned a computer or how basic Windows 3.0 was.

8088 pre DOS what?

That chocolate is better then I assumed it would be. It disappeared on me quick lol. Bacon + anything is awesome. Bacon plus chocolate plus pepper, hells yes!

Need.

Maybe catching up after a dry week ain't great. Bourbon, coconut Porter, IPA and IIPA down. Some without a pic.

View attachment 1459557759399.jpg

View attachment 1459557768817.jpg

View attachment 1459557778797.jpg

I have a pic to post in the Epic Pic/Meme thread, but since I can't post it there, it's gonna have to be here.

xYtH8Cv.jpg

brewing related question:

gonna do a 11 gallon batch tomorrow. Split into 2 fermenters

12 # Maris Otter
4 # rye
.5 # roasted barley

Mash @ 150 for 60 min.

2oz centennial at 60min
2 oz centennial @ 10min

5.5 gallons into another pot at flame out - add 1 # honey
chill, pitch saison yeast, ferment at 68, raise to 85 after 3 days

other 5.5 gallons gets 5 oz of cascade homegrown hops whirlpool at flame out
pitch on US-04 yeast cake, ferment at 65 -68

dry hop with ??? at 10-14 days

any comments / recommendations on the plan? gotta rebuild the pipeline quickly and only have tomorrow to do it

brewing related question:

gonna do a 11 gallon batch tomorrow. Split into 2 fermenters

12 # Maris Otter
4 # rye
.5 # roasted barley

Mash @ 150 for 60 min.

2oz centennial at 60min
2 oz centennial @ 10min

5.5 gallons into another pot at flame out - add 1 # honey
chill, pitch saison yeast, ferment at 68, raise to 85 after 3 days

other 5.5 gallons gets 5 oz of cascade homegrown hops whirlpool at flame out
pitch on US-04 yeast cake, ferment at 65 -68

dry hop with ??? at 10-14 days

any comments / recommendations on the plan? gotta rebuild the pipeline quickly and only have tomorrow to do it

Yes.

April fools hops obviously. Oh wait, those will be old and cheesy by tomorrow. Cilantro hops?

haven't figured that out yet. i'll be out of my home grown hops and prefer to dry hop with pellet anyway. probably an oz each of citra & amarillo, but depends on what the LHBS has when i stop in

Favorite April fools prank of the day: local brew magazine, The Growler, tweeted an article saying a local brewery, Dangerous Man, had been purchased by ABInbev. It made no sense. But was really fun to read people's responses. Some idiots even lambasted The Growler for putting out the article.

haven't figured that out yet. i'll be out of my home grown hops and prefer to dry hop with pellet anyway. probably an oz each of citra & amarillo, but depends on what the LHBS has when i stop in

Sounds like a good plan. Bump it up to 2oz per and you'll have something really good. If they're out of the popular hops, nothing wrong with going cascade and centennial.

Drinking water. Still painting. Trykng tk decide if it's a water nightcap or a beer night cap. Decisions. If it was a work night it would be an easy beer nightcap decision

Latest posts

Back