A few GF tips-brew to belly 1 week (and really good)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pintail78

Reaction score
Hey Ive a few tips ive learned that have helped me a lot. I was waiting 2 weeks to ferment and then 3-4 weeks to bottle condition to get a decent result. Now Im going from brewing to really good (way better beer) in 1 week.

I have been using a GF nutrient di-ammonium Phosphate to get it to ferment in about 2-3 days, basically a beer/wine nutrient/fertilizer. I kick off the yeast with a little sterile wort and the nutrient the day before brewing. The last batch almost blew the top off my fermenter!! Dry hop it well, seems to help with the sorghum a bit.

Then I keg it, bleed the air out with C02, pump it up to 30 psi, shake the crap out of it and throw it in the frig. That evening its ok doesnt hold a head very well and is a bit green, by day 2/3 its really good. Im having one now. Try it you'll like it.

Fermenting more efficiently, and dry hopping seem to help a lot with the sorghum sourness, in fact the one im having now that is mostly sorghum and i think someone would be hard pressed to tell its GF!

Latest posts

Back