A couple questions; Eco-pump cleaning /w Sanke D coupler? Tubing size/material?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvanVanVan

Reaction score
I want to use a EcoPlus pump (leaning towards the 264, 290GPH) on my (Edgestar) kegerator beer line (which has a Sankey "D" coupler). It didn't come with a ball-lock adapter and for my uses the conversion kit seems like a waste, but I'm also having some trouble coming up with a stainless steel solution to get from the 7/8"-14 wing-nut to the pump. (I see lots of people using brass fittings for their cleaning setups, but is brass ok to use with sanitizer? I'm worried about corrosion.)

Instead, I'm thinking about removing the "probe washer" from the bottom of the coupler (assuming I'm cleaning in between kegs), and slipping a 1/2" ID tube over the rim where the washer sits (pictured here: https://pull01-kegworks.netdna-ssl....9433887a97daa66f/4/0/4019-sprobeseal-b3_1.jpg) and securing it with a hose clamp. A 1/2" ID tube seems to fit pretty nicely on it and it solves my issue of the wing-nut, plus sanitizes the coupler at the same time.

I have two concerns, 1. will 1/2" ID tube between the pump and the coupler provide too much flow (or maybe not enough, if the pump isn't strong enough?)

2. Can I use Home Depot clear vinyl tube between the pump and coupler (that I already have from another project)? Again, any problems with it and the saniziter?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back