A couple questions about mypin t4 and pt 100 probe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to correct your last statement:D
Some MyPin PIDs may be required to be wire not as per the documentation. The sticker provided with the unit should be followed in all cases

look I'm not trying to argue with you your right I get that and agree..I'm not slow.. I can read . But the TD4 -snr documentation all matches the pid stickers and if he has some other model it may not be designed to drive an ssr and he may run into more issues... Im just trying to figure this out because it will pop up again. Am i being unreasonable here to try to figure this out?

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392942476.460915.jpg TA 4

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

look I'm not trying to argue with you your right I get that and agree..I'm not slow.. I can read . But the TD4 -snr documentation all matches the pid stickers and if he has some other model it may not be designed to drive an ssr and he may run into more issues... Im just trying to figure this out because it will pop up again. Am i being unreasonable here to try to figure this out?

Fair enough - I think on the output side the same caveat of following the sticker over the docs holds true. The sticker should show either the "OUT SSR +/-" or the contact symbol depending on which model it is.
But you are right that the OP should double/triple check that he actually has the output type he expects he has.

It does show positive or neg to the ssr. Does not show it on input because it is AC

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just to correct your last statement:D
Some MyPin PIDs may be required to be wire not as per the documentation. The sticker provided with the unit should be followed in all cases

Too red, how about a nice green or purple ? :D

You certainly are not being unreasonable, its whether or not the problem can be reasoned with. It could be erratic and wholly unpredictable. It could, also, not be.

I think what matt is poking at is that there are two possible solutions here: 1) thoroughly document any disparities between supplied manuals and PIDs for the different model types and distribute this knowledge or 2) tell people to read the stickers supplied with the device.

The latter seems like a definite and simple solution to the problem. But I would certainly welcome any efforts to also work on the former as there may also be descrepancies in what these devices are sold as on eBay or amazon or what have you. You seem well placed, having purchased most varients, to investigate this in depth.

You certainly are not being unreasonable, its whether or not the problem can be reasoned with. It could be erratic and wholly unpredictable. It could, also, not be.

I think what matt is poking at is that there are two possible solutions here: 1) thoroughly document any disparities between supplied manuals and PIDs for the different model types and distribute this knowledge or 2) tell people to read the stickers supplied with the device.

The latter seems like a definite and simple solution to the problem. But I would certainly welcome any efforts to also work on the former as there may also be descrepancies in what these devices are sold as on eBay or amazon or what have you. You seem well placed, having purchased most varients, to investigate this in depth.

I also want to know what to suggest to people... and this helps.

Better? :D

For my TA4 I (very carefully with gloves), wired it up once, power it on, and then pulled the wires and contacted them one at a time until I got a proper reading, then powered off and connected that way. I did not use a jumper though and my wire is extended and wired through XLR plugs so the colors don't mean **** to me. the measurements are pretty spot on. Maybe off 1-2 degrees which I will compensate for during my next calibration. But I am not sure which device to trust the most... I have a pen thermo i got for free, a grill thermo I got with my kettle, a giant 2.5" thermo I got from bargain fittings and my pid. Which would you recommend I used as the control?

For my TA4 I (very carefully with gloves), wired it up once, power it on, and then pulled the wires and contacted them one at a time until I got a proper reading, then powered off and connected that way. I did not use a jumper though and my wire is extended and wired through XLR plugs so the colors don't mean **** to me. the measurements are pretty spot on. Maybe off 1-2 degrees which I will compensate for during my next calibration. But I am not sure which device to trust the most... I have a pen thermo i got for free, a grill thermo I got with my kettle, a giant 2.5" thermo I got from bargain fittings and my pid. Which would you recommend I used as the control?
I also have the big big bargain fittings thermo and an infrared temp gun.. they are all within a degree of my pid.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393120317.461944.jpg

System is up and running beautifully! Thanks for all the help. Brewing an ESB

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Can I ask a TD4 question that's just a little off topic?

Does the TD4 or indeed any of the Mypins support ramp and soak profiles?

Thanks. Aamcle

So mine are like the manuals, http://www.agptek.com/download/PC17-user-manual.pdf

So the two wires to 7 and 10, single jumpered 8 and 9? Also for the alarms do I need to do power-in on both 5 and 11, then 6 and 12 going to my buzzer? Seems odd having two power-ins for it.

I was going to answer this but edited my answer because I decided it best to check my wiring to make sure I remember this correctly.

Back