96% efficiency tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tat2nBrew

Reaction score
In bowling that is... threw 10 strikes in a row and then got stuck with a wobbly and stubborn 7 pin to end up with a 288. Not bad for a guy with a 158 average this season.

That is the thing about bowling, when you are on your mark you are on (well for a little while anyway) and when you are off you mark you are really off. I am pretty much in the same boat as you bowling 150's every other week and then destroying it one week.

Congrats on the 10 in a row, I hope I will be able to do that one day followed by hopefully 11 and 12 in a row.

288. Wow, what a dream. What kind of pressure was it when you got to the 10th frame? Was there beer involved?
Of course there was beer involved. I usually have a couple beers while bowling but only two over the evening because it is a long ride home and I do not need any trouble. It was Sam Adams Lager for those who are interested. There is not a great selection at the bowling alley bar.

Thanks. I can tell you that it got a little warmer in there after #8. Then after #9 the heart rate picked up a little and the ears felt hot. Once you throw 9 the whole place gets quiet and a crowd starts to gather behind you but nobody wants to talk to you and interrupt whatever mojo you have going on. I personally wish they would just keep doing what they had been doing all night while I threw the first 9 but that never happens. I threw #10 and the crowd behind me erupted in cheers. There was no noticeable physical change between #10 and ball #11 but I was a bit amazed myself at that point. I threw ball #11 and it felt good, I hit the pocket pretty solidly and the 7 just wobbled like it was waving at me. Definitely a surreal experience and it took me a while to get out of the fog with all the congrats, hand shakes and high fives after. I have never come this close before and now I know what to expect for next time.

Back