90 gallon beer smith recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesse3474

Reaction score
Upgrading the home brew garage to a legal microbrewery and wondering how accurate the custom equipment profiles are, made recipe for 90 gallon batch, looks good according to the profile, any suggestion on beer smiths limitations or is there commercial brewery software available, not seeing anything online.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Any BeerSmith profile is going to be as accurate as the information you gave it. I recommend that you do at least one water run (including boiling it) to get a real sense of what your losses and yield will be. It'll get you in the ballpark.

On new systems, my first batch has always been something with a wide target area, pale and modest hopping, like American Wheat or Pale Ale. This strips back ingredients as a factor in how the system performs. Most systems have a sweet spot at 14 to 17 Plato.

Commercial brewery software like Beer Run covers a lot more than what BeerSmith does. But I doubt you'll need it at less than 5K barrels/yr.

Back