$85 for a new 20 lb. CO2 tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayInUT

Reaction score
Is that a good deal? I got a five pound tank today with the system I ordered from Midwest but when I went to get the tank filled the guy that owns the CO2 place told me he'd sell me a new 20 lb. aluminum tank for $85. That seemed like a good deal to me. What do you guys think?

I payed 100 so yeah unless he wants you to trade your five ound tank plus the $85

No. He was a pretty cool guy. After he filled the tank I pulled out my debit card. He said they couldn't take credit or debit cards and that I could jest send him some cash or a check in the mail if I wanted. It was twelve bucks. I almost fell over. He was the owner of the Co. and we were talking about cars. I drive a BMW M3 and he has an M6. Sweet car!

$85 isn't a super ridiculous awesome deal, but it is a good deal nonetheless. I think the cheapest I've ever seen a 20 lb tank is $90, and that was used off craigslist. I won't say how much I paid for mine because it WAS a super ridiculous awesome deal.

It's cheaper to fill a 20 per volume then a 5... ($10 for a 5, $12 or $14 for a 20 at my local weld shop) and is nice having a 'backup' tank. Pretty good deal, especially if it is a new tank or aluminum! (Although I just scored and sold 9 20lbs aluminum tanks for $15 a pop, but they were out of date, and I probably spent more on beer meeting people at bar then the ~$2 profit per tank I upped for gas. Sorry, I had to throw that in their... Yay CL!)

My friend and I got three off CL for $50 used. All need to be requaled though bringing the total cost to about $40 for each. CL is amazing.

Latest posts

Back