7.75 gallon sanke...ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mendozer

Reaction score
So I found one of these today (not stole, legitimately found it in the trash) and want to hear ideas what to do with it. I already have a full brewing setup with keggle and pot and cooler.

So I want to hear brewing and non-brewing ideas (with pics hopefully).
Double boiler setup with another keg for brewing, distilling, smoking, etc.
Fire box?
Cool seat?

Anything?

Is it the short/fat version? I have one tall 1/4 bbl sanke and love it. I can max out my fermenters and get at least an extra gallon out of each batch. Is yours trashed? I have a short/fat one that is pretty beat up, so I'd be interested in ideas too...

Yeah it's the shorty fat one. I didn't even think of it as a fermentor. I used the better bottles for beer and wine. This would be good for wine especially as I want it to be dark and cool for months. Add a valve to the bottom for draining lees.

What you have right there is perfect for long-term aging. You can also ferment in it and do closed transfer to your serving keg.

I use one of those as a fermenter. I put a 2" tri clover cap on it with a hole drilled for an airlock. I have another blank cap I will eventually modify for perssurized transfer.

Latest posts

Back