7.3 Gal of wort in Fermzilla All Rounder. Can it deal with it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mscroggi

Reaction score
My recipe is supposed to deliver 6.6 gal to the fermenter. Obviously my equipment profile is off as I ended up with a whopping 7.3 gal (just under 28L in the rounder).

That's really full.. What kind of a foaming sh** storm have I set myself up for? Has anyone put that much in the rounder?

Any tips on how to deal with it? It's listed as a 30L container. oh boy.. heheee

Can I use pressure to suppress the foam?

You can remove a half gallon and pour it down the drain.
Well.. yeah.. but I don't wanna do that. :) I was hoping someone would say. "oh yeah.. you can just ferment under 20 lbs of pressure and it will sufficiently suppress the foam and you wont have any issues".. I know.. I know.. :)

There is no way to predict for sure the amount of foam.

Knowing the type of wort, OG, and yeast may help with the guesswork.

You can just start with a blow off tube until the foaming dies down and should be fine. You can still ferment under pressure after that.

Just fermented 7.5 gallons of a hazy in my All Rounder co-pitched US-05 and S-04 using the spunding valve with a blow of tube and didn't have any issues, but fermenting under pressure would be a good way to surpress the Krausen so you could do that if you are worried about it

Latest posts

Back