64 bottle rack under $20

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazedowl

Reaction score
So... Ever since that thread about making beer bottle crates out of 1x2s and 1x3s I've been making all kinds of things out of them on the cheap. Today's project was a wine rack out of 1x2s. $0.88 for each 8 foot section and only needed 17. Cost of screws could put it over $20, but I had some around from the last project.

If there's interest I'll draw up better plans haha. But essentially build three of the square sections in the drawing. Turn the middle one so the rows are vertical and the two outside ones horizontal. Use some of the leftover pieces cut to 13'' to secure it the right depth for the bottles.

The plans are for using 1x3s but if using 1x2s reduce the space for the bottles from 4 1/8 to 4 1/16. Also it's for the bigger 1.5L bottles not regular 750ml sized. Easy to adapt and scale the concept though for your needs though.

image-61200.jpg

image1-61201.jpg

Back