60 amp gfci to sub-panel question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramdough

Reaction score
Ok, I have a 60 amp spa gfci box. I plan to buy a mini sub panel to wire off of the 60 amp gfci so I can have 30 amp 220v breakers for my elements.

My question is, can I also have 110v breakers in the sub-panel as well? From what I have heard, if you do not have perfectly balanced 110 circuits (which won't be possible), the gfci will trip. Just trying to confirm.

Thanks.

obviously, need to have two hots, a neutral and a ground between the load side of the gfci breaker and the downstream subpanel. the important thing is to keep your grounds and neutrals separate downstream of the gfci. all your neutrals should electrically come back to the neutral terminal on the gfci breaker and only to that terminal.

Ok, so even if my two hots are loaded unequally everything will be fine as long as my neutral goes through the gfci and my ground does not.

My neutral and ground are only bonded at the main breaker panel, so my understanding is that you only want it there. My spa panel will be a sub to my main panel.

Does that all make correct sense?

Ok, so even if my two hits are loaded unequally everything will be fine as long as my neutral goes through the gfci and my ground does not.

My neutral and ground are only bonded at the main breaker panel, so my understanding is that you only want it there. My spa panel will be a sub to my main panel.

Does that all make correct sense?

sounds like you got it!

Latest posts

Back