6 Row light ale recipe need help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elixir

Reaction score
Have an extra malt bill that was sent from northern brewer (the first one was crushed poorly)

7.5 lbs 6 row
0.5 lb Carapils
1 lb Flaked maize

The ingredients above cant be changed, dont really want to make this a lager again. I have 1 oz of German hallertau in my fridge and some chocolate malt, honey malt, and carapils on hand for extra specialty grains. I am going to make this batch with safale us-05. I just want to know what I can add to make this a little more flavorful for the hot summer days here in SW fla. I plan on heading to my lhbs on Friday to pick up whatever specialty grains/ hops are suggested. Maybe I can turn this into a decent blone ale? With some biscuit malt? Any suggestions?

You've got the base for a nice cream ale there. For hops, there are a variety you could use- liberty, crystal, hallertauer, saaz, even northern brewer. Cluster, etc, would all work too. Bitter to about 18 IBUs, and you'd be all set.

I have a cream ale recipe posted, if you want to see what I did. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/ag-cream-ale-33242/

Thanks Yooper, I may just get some biscuit malt milled and add that along with another oz of hallertau for the aroma addition.

Back