• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania 5G Electric System, CB2 Variant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeebas

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A few years back I built this system - full details and more pics here https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=419598 but have since moved to a different house and don't have room for the system anymore. I used it about 3 times back in early 2014. I plan on testing it and seeing that everything works properly in a day or two, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Ideally I would like to get rid of the whole thing (stand as well) for $800. But I under stand that not everyone lives close to Pittsburgh or might want everything, so barring that I could do the following prices for these.

Everything without the stand - $650 (buyer pays shipping)
Just the stand - $150 (obviously I can't ship this and its pretty hard heavy, so you would need a truck)
Mash tun - $110
Electric pot and controller (you can't very well use one without the other really) - $300
Pump and hoses - $190
Plate chiller - $50

DSC_0606.JPG

DSC_0607.JPG

DSC_0608.JPG

DSC_0609.JPG

DSC_0611.JPG

DSC_0612.JPG

DSC_0614.JPG

Alright, I don't really use this, and don't really have plans to. I'd love for someone to get some use out of it, so I would be willing to let this go for $400.

I'm not hard up for money or anything, I just don't have the time or ability to use this anymore. Feel free to PM me with any questions!

Here's everything that's included:

5 Gallon Electric Brewing System
* Mash Tun
** 10 Gallon Cooler
** False Bottom
** Drainage Valve
** Recirculation valve in lid

* Electric Kettle
** 44 Quart Bayou Pot
** Two water heater elements
** Two ports with valves
** Lower port has a temperature probe in tee fitting
** Sight glass for liquid level

* PID Controller box
** Universal 1/16 DIN PID Temperature Controller Model: SYL-2362
** 40A SSR
** Heat Sink for Solid State Relay, 40A
** Liquid tight RTD sensor, 1.5 inch, 1/2 NPT Thread with 8' Deluxe Cable
** Switched outlet to control pump

* Pump
** Center Inlet Chugger Pump

* Plate Chiller
** 40 Plater Wort Chiller

* All fittings and hoses equipped with stainless steel camlock fittings

* Cart with casters constructed of pine and fir and stained / polyurethaned; made for this system but could easily be used as a utility cart elsewhere.

I’m interested. I’m about 100 miles north of Pittsburgh. I do propane boiling now. I am going to guess the 40 amp relay requires a 40 amp breaker?

I’m interested. I’m about 100 miles north of Pittsburgh. I do propane boiling now. I am going to guess the 40 amp relay requires a 40 amp breaker?

I used a 20a 120v circuit for the PID controlled element and then when boiling i would plug the other element into a different circuit

Back