• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

5500w Heat stick

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexacuna

Reaction score
Just upgraded to a 10-g pot and am looking for an adequate heat stick to supplement this for full boils. Any advice, links, or folks trying to sell one are welcome.

What exactly are you planning to plug a 240v heat stick into....? Go to the the electric brewery website and read the whole thing from beginning to end so you don't kill yourself. Sorry to be blunt, but sometimes the electric posts on this site freak me out.

What exactly are you planning to plug a 240v heat stick into....? Go to the the electric brewery website and read the whole thing from beginning to end so you don't kill yourself. Sorry to be blunt, but sometimes the electric posts on this site freak me out.

GCFI adapter for the dryer plug.

So are you boiling on a stove and you need some extra heat? Just wondering why you need 5500 watts as a "supplement".

Alex, I have a Camco 5500 ulwd element still in its packaging you can have for free. I was going to use it for my 15 gallon kettle but ultimately decided to downgrade. Then you can buy the hot pod adapter and you're in business.

http://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/hotrod.htm

However, I don't think that much power is necessary for your setup.

Alex, I have a Camco 5500 ulwd element still in its packaging you can have for free. I was going to use it for my 15 gallon kettle but ultimately decided to downgrade. Then you can buy the hot pod adapter and you're in business.

http://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/hotrod.htm

However, I don't think that much power is necessary for your setup.

Holy smokes. I have a 1500w immersion heater that I tried using with my 5 gallon pot and it took over an hour to boil. It's just trying to speed up brew days. Before I upgraded pots, i was splitting my boils between a 5G and 3G pot to end up with about 5.5 in the fermenter. It was a pain in the butt!

It's yours if you want it, I can meet you somewhere to drop it off. It's not the most expensive part of the pieces you'll need, but it's a start. You may consider wiring in a switch for powering it on/off. You can use it to reach boil temp, and use your 1200w burner to maintain.

It's yours if you want it, I can meet you somewhere to drop it off. It's not the most expensive part of the pieces you'll need, but it's a start. You may consider wiring in a switch for powering it on/off. You can use it to reach boil temp, and use your 1200w burner to maintain.

Just realized you are in Eugene, which is incredible. Way into that!

Latest posts

Back