• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wisconsin 55 gallon electric boil kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevehaun

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am downsizing from 30 gallon to 10 gallon batches. I have a 55 gallon electric boil kettle that was fabricated from a 55 gallon stainless steel drum. I have brewed 80-90 batches in this boil kettle over the past 8.5 years. It is heavy gauge (16) stainless steel. It has two 1" couplings for the heating elements and two 1/2" npt couplings. It has a 1/2" full port stainless steel ball valve and a homemade thermowell. The outside is not pretty but the inside is fairly nice. The welds are not "sanitary" but there is no rust. The elements, enclosures, and power cords are NOT included.
$250 OBO.
Local pick-up only.

bk5 (600x800).jpg

bk7 (600x800).jpg

bk8 (600x800).jpg

bk1 (800x600).jpg

Two 4500 watt elements - my preboil volume was about 40 gallons - I got about 1.25 F per minute. I batch sparge. As soon as elements were covered with first runnings, I turned them on. I did not wait long after the sparge to be at boil.

Thats good to know my 45 gal brew pot has 2 - 5500w elements havent fired it up yet. Hmmm I don't need this per se but would make a good kettle for a new still and my favorite restaurant is in Hudson - Windsor Stuben. Can't get up that way til after Xmas but I might have to make the drive.

Latest posts

Back