50 LB Sack of Banberg Pale Ale from Germany

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr1nkBeer

Reaction score
So was looking to buy some 2-Row pale ale and came accross this sack for 64 bucks... 55 lbd. Has anyone ever used it?... I took a sample and crushed it in my new grain mill setup ( i needed to adjust it anyhow) and then i made a mini mash in a thermos to get quick tast/smell... man this stuff smelled/tasted awesome... anyhow i'm only asking cause I bought the 50 pounder to get me through the summer...

Its a two-row pale Ale so I'm guessing the styles it will produce depends on what I cut it with?... I plan on doing a 50/50 of wheat/two-row to see what i end up with. Gonna keep it simple with some early Hallertau additions and hit it with WLP300.

I'm guessing the DP is run of the mill of what we expect from any two row?

Bamberg? Weyermann is in Bamberg, and they make some of the best malts in the industry.

exactly what i said.. "bamberg"... I have to say I bought it late last night and really didnt check out the rest of the sack for any other mfg info.

i'm excited about it... and a bargain I think. Its actually 55 lb'er I got for 64 bucks.

Weyermann it is!... exact same sack, its got a a VW like symbol on it. Now i'm excited...
Still want to hear if anyone used these before and the results i can expect.

edit..

WOW the top of the sack said Weyermanns... paid no mind to it. looks like i got some brewing to do.

Latest posts

Back