5 Brews, 5 Successes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hitman73

Reaction score
Hey Team, Just thought I woild drop a line and say so far so good for the brewing. Have only done extract so far, but have made 5 and all 5 have been great. Have a couple of lessons along the way, but its all a learning curve.

AHH Come on.. you need to ruin a batch like the rest of us- lol. My first batch was a dud since my two year old grabbed the airlock, dumped sanitizer-- sucked on it and put it back in all slimy. Yup... we discovered a foreign yeast in that batch I could have named after my son.

About the 8th-batch, I had another screw up with sanitation. I attempted to learn the art of washing yeast, and dang- something went wrong and I learned more about the art of infections.

About a dozen batches in, I made a wonderful rich irish red that I carbonated (outside in the 30 degree weather) and found that my keg had a leak. The next morning, I wondered if it rained on the porch.. nope! My entire batch had found its home on the ground.

Enjoy your success-- and be proud of your skill... slow and steady wins the prize.

Back