4mm ID Beer Line (EVABarrier)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking into investing in some of this type of beer line.
Any of you using DuoTight push fittings instead of heating the tube and pulling it over the barb?
I've seen them for the ball lock connector on the keg end but need to check if I find the right one to fit my larger tap barbs.
Do they work good?

https://ikegger.eu/products/duo-tight-8mm-push-fittings
Edit:

I see now the best option is to remove the barb from the tap and connected this to the shank instead.

https://ikegger.eu/products/duo-tight-8mm-push-fittings?variant=20717947682919
Still wondering if they are a good option or not though
They're fine generally. As long as the tubing is compatible and prepped properly (with the correct tool) push fittings are fine. Very reliable in my experience. I haven't had any failures so far with duo-tight fittings, after a couple years. Quality wise they're not quite John Guest and I suspect my JG fittings are going to last a lot longer. I'm not quite sure about the Eva-Barrier line, though. It's more flexible that other brands of push-fit beer line, but it does seem to stain quickly at the cut ends for some reason.

I just assumed he was pissed and momentarily confused 6mm silicone with 6mm LLDPE or some other suitable tubing. It's easily done. If you're pissed. Worse would be actually using silicone tubing for beer lines, in my honest opinion 😬

Bubbling this thread up... lol I can attest that ~7.5ft lines using 4mm ID EVABarrier tubing at ~11PSI and 38% flows a touch slower that I'd like. I think I'll trim another foot off and see if I like 6.5ft better. I originally made ~9.5ft lines and that defiantly pours too slow at ~11PSI.

By contrast, my 9.5ft lines pour pretty nicely at ~14PSI. Its amazing how just a few PSI can make a difference.

Once I get things dialed in, it seems pretty clear that I need to have some pre-made lines of different lengths ready for different levels of carbonation. Guess this is where the flow-control faucets can maybe help with variance.

For different carb levels how about the Kegland in-line regulators? They don't have stellar reviews, but they don't seem to be all bad either. Anyone here using these? I was considering attaching one a few inches downstream from my 4-port regulator inside my keezer for the occasional English style mild or bitter that I brew.

For different carb levels how about the Kegland in-line regulators? They don't have stellar reviews, but they don't seem to be all bad either.

I've considered those since the idea is intriguing. But the not so great reviews and somewhat high cost tell me I'd be better off adding a secondary downstream of a higher PSI if I wanted a similar outcome. That wouldn't be as clean but would likely be less problematic and less costly.

How slow does it pour?

Not an exact timing but I'd say about ~20 seconds to pour a pint with my ~9.5ft line and ~11psi.

I'm not needing to win a race or pouring a ton of beer, but with that pour rate it can be hard to get a good head.

I do have a shelf/drip-tray under my faucets and if I set the glass on it during the pour, that helps stir up a head. But it just seems like it would be better with a little faster pour.

Last edited:
Back