45L batch brew machine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the welding and stainless work and you put it on a wooden stand! C'mon, weld some stainless legs and fancy casters onto that beast!

I like wood. Its furniture. No need to make things too advanced. Anyone should be able to copy.

I like wood. Its furniture. No need to make things too advanced. Anyone should be able to copy.

Not too advanced? Oh, the irony!!!

I like the use of the electric range elements. I'm building my system around range elements as well. I thought I had a unique idea, i hadn't seen anyone else do it before this post. :mug:

So now I had a few brews here and it works ok. But one thing is the plate chiller. Always trub and stuff from the malt and hops get stuck. I need to make a filter. Now the construction dont allow just to put a filter before the chiller. So Im gonna re construct the plombing.
And 45 litre batches was just a little too optimistic. 35 to 38 is more in the area that can be done. But when I have more space Im gona think more of a sparge filter. To pump, with high pressure, the whole mash from the mash tun to the boiler through a sparge filter.

So now I had a few brews here and it works ok. But one thing is the plate chiller. Always trub and stuff from the malt and hops get stuck. I need to make a filter. Now the construction dont allow just to put a filter before the chiller. So Im gonna re construct the plombing.
And 45 litre batches was just a little too optimistic. 35 to 38 is more in the area that can be done. But when I have more space Im gona think more of a sparge filter. To pump, with high pressure, the whole mash from the mash tun to the boiler through a sparge filter.

Try a Hop Spider, it works great, I even recirculate through my plate chiller with no issues.

Ok... I modifyed a piece of mosquito net. Put it under the sparge plate. Im gonna see what happens tomorrow. Its gonna be a back to basics pilsner

Long time, lots of modifications!
These days I have a 52 gal system with a pressure fermenting tank.
But I still use this small brewmachine frequently. Like small special brew batches. I now have a much bigger mash tun, that sits on top of the boiler kettle. I circulate the wort continously throughout the brew.
I also moved out from the toilet....... I will keep on posting some pics here if someone think its useful

Latest posts

Back