40 gal rotomold on single barrel system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dfitz

Reaction score
Here are the particulars. I've built a single barrel system modifying a Groen 60DTL from steam to electric installing 4 3k watt coils to provide 144k btu (more than enough) power for a mash tun. Moving on, I'll pair this with a spike 50gal boil kettle.

Now I'll ferment using for now a 40 gal rotomold conical tank. I've modified this tank for the application. Next year I plan to purchase a glycol chiller. This year however I'll have to either make due using 5 gal of glycol/water mix in a freezer adjacent to my fermenter pumping it through my fermenters chiller coil however after seeing the performance of the pump on my warm water side I'm a bit skeptical that a typical pump suffice on the colder glycol side. My rise using the freezer may be as much as 3' plus pushing the solution through a 60' coil to return.

I guess what I'm getting at is; does anyone have any experience with a pump that will meet my need on the cold side .

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

Back