4 Tap Kegerator...This is Like Work!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrizBrew

Reaction score
So, I got a used 4 tap commercial kegerator a couple of weeks back. It was only a little more than a triple new. I also wanted the extra space to try some lagering.

It's great and all but now I feel like I need to keep em all pouring. This is gonna turn out to be like work!:mad: I have a three brew day planned for tomorrow so I can catch up:mug:

Nah, it's really fun. I am kinda like that anyway. I wake up at 5 in the morning on brew day and have a batch in the carboy before breakfast. When I asked my wife last night if it was cool to do 3 tomorrow (since I will occupy the kitchen all day), her response was, "Sure. If you're not going balls to the wall all weekend, you just won't be happy!" Ha!:rockin:

So I've got a Hefeweizen and an English Nut Brown that ferment pretty quickly on the list to get me caught up. Then I'm going to do a strong Scotch Ale that may take a little more time.

I am close to blowing my first keg of Dunkelweizen but am tapping the Espresso Oatmeal and the Caramel vanilla Cream Ale tonight. Cherry Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter goes to secondary tomorrow.

Maybe in a few weeks I'll have 4 taps flowing at the same time.

Happy Brewing!!:mug:

Nice!! A 3 tap kegerator is definitely on my wish list. How can you not keep all taps flowing? I always hate it when I go to a brewpub, look at the "on tap" chalk board, pick out a beer...and they say "sorry, we're out of that":mad:

:mug:

I am fortunate to have a friend of a friend that has 13 taps in his basement. It is all homebrew, his gear is all in the basement brewpub and he halls it all to the garage to brew. Then halls the beer back to the basement to the fermentation chamber. It's all for the love of the hobby.

bad67z said:
I am fortunate to have a friend of a friend that has 13 taps in his basement. It is all homebrew, his gear is all in the basement brewpub and he halls it all to the garage to brew. Then halls the beer back to the basement to the fermentation chamber. It's all for the love of the hobby.

Yeah, that is my set up too, at least up and down the stairs . I haven't moved to the garage yet but I would like to do some all grain stuff this Summer which will push me off the stovetop. I also love to BBQ in the Summer, so I see a lot of outside drinking beer all day in the backyard coming. Can't wait!!

bad67z said:

Apologies if I am replying to you in a PM...Trying to reply to the thread via iPad app.

strambo said:
Nice!! A 3 tap kegerator is definitely on my wish list. How can you not keep all taps flowing? I always hate it when I go to a brewpub, look at the "on tap" chalk board, pick out a beer...and they say "sorry, we're out of that":mad:

:mug:

I knew you guys would understand!! :)

Yeah after I built my keezer I had a year of empty > full > empty > full then empty for a long time due to work. Now I am trying to get a schedule down so I can keep the pipeline going and have replacements ready when one kicks. :p

Back