4 days in primary, no bubbles from airlock???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadm817

Reaction score
I put a brewers best smoked porter in the primary on Sunday. It is Thursday and I have seen no bubbles coming from my airlock.

I've brewed a milk stout, hefe, Irish red and a nut brown ale all of which bubbles a lot on the first couple nights.

It is stored at 64 deg F which is within the ideal temp listed on the safale (spelling?) yeast package.

Is this ok? Is there anything I can/need to do?? Is the beer ruined?

Thank you!

No need to worry, no activity in the air lock doesn't mean anything, the gas has probably just found another way out of the bucket.

Take a hydro sample and see if the OG is down. Like previous posts and everyone else is going to say... never trust the airlock for anything but keeping junk out of your beer.

Just pop the top and peek inside. If it looks like it is fermenting then good news and close it back up. If it doesn't look like it is/has been fermenting then take a hydro sample to tell for sure.

Back