34/70 lager yeast shortage? Diamond Lager substitute

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twd000

Reaction score
I put in an order for curbside pickup today, and when I got there, the owner informed me that he replaced the Saflager 34/70 in my order with Lalbrew Diamond Lager yeast.

Said there was a contamination problem at the production facility and they had to shut down for several weeks. This is the first I heard of it, and online retailers seems to have 34/70 in stock

So I'm going to charge ahead with the Diamond Lager yeast. Recipe is a Pacifico Clara clone (closest style match would be an International Pale Lager, I guess)
I have no temperature control. I plan to ferment in my 65-degree basement under 15 psi top pressure.

Has anyone tried Diamond Lager under warm + pressure conditions?

Just used it, but not warm and not under pressure. It's been lagering for about 2 weeks in the keg, but early impressions are i don't really like how it turned out and will be going back to 34/70

i did save some slurry although i doubt i'll try it again. maybe i'm an anomaly, but it didn't turn out well for me.

Back