339 IBU's ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yewtah-brewha

Reaction score
So I just harvested 1 of 6 vines on my Chinook hop plant and have 24 ounces of wet/non-dried hops, I read somewhere that 6 ounces of wet hops is like 2 ounces of pellets, I plug this number into Brewtarget on a 10 gallon batch of IPA and I get 339 IBU's I dont think this is correct, anyone have input they can share,

The hop additions are as follows 6oz at 60, 6 oz @ 45, 6 oz @15, and 6oz @ 5 min.

I am giving a alpha rating of 12% I havnt tested it , I see some home growers ussually pick the mid range for whatever hop they grow. and this hop is 10-14% on alpha,.

Did you convert for the new ratio because if you put In 6 oz it assumes dried pellets

Did you convert for the new ratio because if you put In 6 oz it assumes dried pellets

nope, I didn't I switched it to 3 oz and changed to mostly late additions and Im getting 127 IBU's

there are three options in BT pellets, plugs and leaf. Im keeping wet because Ive heard good things about using wet hops,

It will probally be trial and error tomarrow, Im keeping it at 6 oz wet x4 intervals. lol

Back