30 min mash, 30 min boil??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Token

Reaction score
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/76190-10-minute-ipas-are-good-for-school-night-brewing/

Hopefully this link will work.

Guy starts out misunderstanding 10 minute addition and ends up starting conversation and experiments involving short mash/boil. Sounds like they are getting good results.

Am I late to this party? Everyone else trying it? Sounds like it's working out well. Hmmmm....

I'm skeptical of the wisdom of the 30 minute boil but I have done a 10 minute mash. I'm still waiting for it to ferment out but I got the planned or slightly above calculated OG. When it finishes I'll have a better idea of the fermentability of the batch.

I think it can be done. Higher mash temps convert faster. If you mashed around 155-558 it could very well be converted in 30 minutes. The Hoegaarden clone from AHS is only a 30 minute boil and apparently that information was given by Pierre Celis himself, so it can be done.

Interesting ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

Back