3 vessel/RIMS/1 pump/2 PID system diagram

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bullywee

Reaction score
Anyone have a diagram for -

2 PID - HLT/BOIL - RIMS Switch between HLT and Boil
1 pump
Timer?
I have 240v 50a service GFCI protected.

Trying to simplify and save a few $$$. Previously had a 3 vessel/RIMS/BCS system that I sold looking to rebuild

e brewery has a 2-2-1 30a setup. At The minimum you should be able to buy the kit and wheedle out what you don't need.

Anyone have a diagram for -

2 PID - HLT/BOIL - RIMS Switch between HLT and Boil
1 pump
Timer?
I have 240v 50a service GFCI protected.

Trying to simplify and save a few $$$. Previously had a 3 vessel/RIMS/BCS system that I sold looking to rebuild

Not exactly what you wanted but it's possible for your 50A/240V power feed. You can certainly modify it to fit your plan a little better.

As always click on the image to see (and save) a full scale diagram printable on Tabloid paper (11" x 17")

I hope this helps you.

P-J

Thanks Paul! Again!
Im rebuilding, I was on the verge of moving and in preparation for apartment living I sold my 25gal system (worked like a charm thanks to your diagram)

Thanks Paul! Again!
Im rebuilding, I was on the verge of moving and in preparation for apartment living I sold my 25gal system (worked like a charm thanks to your diagram)
You are more than welcome.

Are there any changes that you would need (or want) to better fit your desired final plan?

Please let me know. I'm willing to help you in your plan. We only get one chance to do it right. No?

P-J

Paul

I'm going to try PID control this time, I've decided one pump is enough, I had 2 pumps on the previous system and doing batch sparging, I never fully utilized the second pump. I'm also questioning the need for a third controlled/heated vessel, contemplating just holding the first runnings in another "uncontrolled vessel" then transferring to vessel 2 (HLT/BK) once I've transferred my second runnings?

I can use the diagram above but I'm open to you offer of modifying it if you have time.

I'm thinking -

HLT/BK - PID controlled
RIMS - PID controlled
1 Pump
CB's for protection
EStop
No buzzers or alarms required

Cheers!

Paul

I'm going to try PID control this time, I've decided one pump is enough, I had 2 pumps on the previous system and doing batch sparging, I never fully utilized the second pump. I'm also questioning the need for a third controlled/heated vessel, contemplating just holding the first runnings in another "uncontrolled vessel" then transferring to vessel 2 (HLT/BK) once I've transferred my second runnings?

I can use the diagram above but I'm open to you offer of modifying it if you have time.

I'm thinking -

HLT/BK - PID controlled
RIMS - PID controlled
1 Pump
CB's for protection
EStop

Cheers!
I'll do my best...

(After thought - :)) Hmmm. After messing with it a little bit, the challenge is fairly good for me. This might take me a day or 3 to sort out all the interlocks and details.

I'll do my best.

P-J

I'm thinking -

HLT/BK - PID controlled
RIMS - PID controlled
1 Pump
CB's for protection
EStop
For this diagram I used this for Switch #1 to select either the HLT or BOIL. It is a 3 position - center off unit. I also left the push button switches in place for the HLT & BOIL so that you have additional control in place.

As always click on the image to see (and save) a full scale diagram printable on Tabloid paper (11" x 17")

I hope this helps you.

P-J

Are switches 2 & 4 still needed in the new diagram? They seem like extra since you added switch one to select hlt/bk

image-1924475213.jpg

image-890820805.jpg

PJ, quick question - on the diagram you only have 2 DP breakers drawn, the legend calls for three ( 1 for each element)

Since the HLT & BK share a PID & SSR where does line 2 of the 3rd DP breaker go to

Thanks

PJ, quick question - on the diagram you only have 2 DP breakers drawn, the legend calls for three ( 1 for each element)

Since the HLT & BK share a PID & SSR where does line 2 of the 3rd DP breaker go to

Thanks
Sorry about that. I messed up and forgot to edit the Legend when I modified the drawing for you. I've fixed it now. Just refresh the image and save it again to your computer if you want to do that.

Sorry.

P-J

Powered the control box today and tested with water. Worked great! I'm not really digging the Kent QD's, (i loved the more beer QD's I had on my previous system but they are $$$ may go with cam locks) Thanks again PJ for the schematic.

Need switch placards
Need to install my Exhaust fan

image-4121223885.jpg

image-1964679203.jpg

image-732088471.jpg

image-3997975813.jpg

Back