3 Phase Wiring Diagram Critique

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drew a diagram some time ago for a similar 3 Phase setup using PIDs to control the process.

Take a look and - as always: Click on the image to see and save a fullscale diagram that is printable on Tabloid paper (11" x 17")

]

It might give you some other ideas.

P-J

PJ, couple questions...
Your not indicating contactors in this set up is there a reason you would not need them?
What considerations are there for GFCI protection?

PJ, couple questions...
Your not indicating contactors in this set up is there a reason you would not need them?
What considerations are there for GFCI protection?
Contactors would be a good addition for providing voltage isolation to the brew kettles. It would require 3 pole contactors. Also, please keep in mind that I drew this diagram in answer to a specific request.

Regarding the GFCI protection, this could also be done. Just keep in mind that 3 Phase GFCI breakers are going to be off the chart in cost along with availability for your power panel.

It can be done. If you find the components needed let me know with references and I'll adjust the diagram for you.

P-J

Keep in mind that many (most?) DIN rail mount ground fault breakers are meant to protect equipment, not people. Their current trip thresholds are much higher than those for personnel protection and will not provide the safety you seek. You need breakers with a 5ma trip current. If it doesn't say that on the label it's not what you want.

Carl

Back