3 Gallon Better Bottle dimensions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HIlife

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out the exterior dimensions for the square-base 3 gallon better bottle (the only HBS on the island doesn't carry them or I'd take measurements myself). My current setup is good for 5 gallon batches with no secondary, but I'd like to be able to make some half batch big beers and age them for a decently long while without taking up my primary forever. I have crazy limited space but I've got an extra ~8x8 inch space in my fermentation tub that I think a 3 gallon bb would fit into.

If anyone has one and can measure the widest dimensions of the base that would be awesome.

I can tell you that one will fit in my smaller minifridge. I'll measure it when I get home if nobody else has answered.

from their site:

Overall - 19 cm (7.5") square 49.1 cm (19 1/3") high
Neck - ID 45 mm (1.77") / OD 55 mm crown
Volume - Nominal 3 US Gallons (11.4 liters) [ filled to bottom of neck ~11.6 liters]

I found a couple sources that are conflicting, I'm not sure if they're getting their numbers at the widest points.

Also, the volumes don't add up (19*19*49 is waay bigger than 11400 cubic cm, and I know that the neck isn't a full third of the total height) so I don't trust them enough to pay shipping blind for something that may still not fit my space.

You are looking for outside measurements and they are indeed 7.5" by 7.5" x19" The neck is almost 4" tall so the fill level is closer to 15" and there is a rather large recessed area where the handle is. If you have a 8" X 8" space that is 20" tall go ahead and order.

Thanks for all the quick responses at such an ungodly hour. Maybe the beer community is immune to the six hour time difference.

Back