3" draft tower, 2.5" hole in kegerator.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wsmitty

Reaction score
So I currently have a kegerator that fits a 2.5" single tap tower. I recently bought a 3" dual tap tower that I want to install. I'm thinking about using a drill to make a larger 3" hole, then I'll drill in new screw holes. Does this sound like a solid plan?

What kind of kegerator do u have? ...does ur tower sit directly on top of ur fridge or is there a plastic top on the fridge that goes down first Than u screw the tower in? Maybe a picture of the fridge

What kind of kegerator do u have? ...does ur tower sit directly on top of ur fridge or is there a plastic top on the fridge that goes down first Than u screw the tower in? Maybe a picture of the fridge

Here's what I got. The tower there is the new one.

image.jpg

I used the same hole I dident wanna drill into the fridge ..I just used a piece of wood and cut a hole in it and glued it 2 the top of the kegerator 2 fit the new tower

There's a screw plate that comes off. I'm thinking either I could drill a 3" hole, or I could simply place the new tower over the existing hole and just drill in new screws.

image.jpg

So, you think it'd be alright to just take off that black part, then drill in the new tower on top of the existing hole? I'm just concerned with whether or not the tower will be cooled properly.

The hole is big enough I say I haven't had any cooling problems I just have a Lil computer fan running 2 push air around ....I don't think it's worth all the work and cutting into the top for like less than a half inch more space

OK. That idea with the wood sounds good. I'll do that. Much easier that cutting up the kegerator.

Latest posts

Back