2nd year nugget crapped out on me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeehillbrewer

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I watered it too much or what. I transplanted it from a Pot to the ground this year. It took a long time to break ground and once it did it never did much, then it just died. I dug it up and it was pretty much rotten, and it was pretty slimy, but the soil was fairly dry.

Would that be an over watering issue or just bad drainage or????

My other guys are doing well. The Chinook and Cascade are really growing fast, Columbus and Hallertauer are mediocore and my Centennial is ok, but pretty slow. I water every other day for now and give them all a pretty good drink.

Probably a mix of poorly drained soil and too much water. They seem to be pretty sensitive to remaining wet. It could also have been weakened coming out of vernalization and just never took hold which is why that one failed and the others look fine.

When I look for overwater damage most of the time I'll see a light brown margin (edge) with a dark brown border between the light brown margin and the remaining green leaf.

Good luck!

Kellan

Back