2nd brew fermenting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosvineer

Reaction score
Much more proud of this one than my first which was a prehopped LME. This one had steeped grains, LME, and 3 hop additions. I feel like I actually created beer this time

image-2392059017.jpg

Pitched yeast about 28 hours ago. Started fermenting nicely about 12 hours in

I lost about a half gallon of water in the steep and boil, so the OG was 1.080 instead of 1.070. I don't have gallon lines on my carboy so wasn't sure how much more water to add. I'll add some markings before my next batch so I can be sure to top off correctly

Wow a lot of activity since first post. Still going crazy. Can't wait to taste the finished product.

image-610961101.jpg

Just took my first gravity reading. OG was .010 higher than the recipe called for, and the SG I took today after 2 weeks in primary is .006 higher than the recipe. The current SG seems pretty good to me considering how high the OG was over the recipe.

Tasted the sample and it was pretty darn good. It'll sit at least another week in primary (going out of town) and take a reading when I get back. If its the same I may go ahead and bottle. Tastes great now, another week in primary and 3-6 in bottles and I think I'll have an awesome batch.

Latest posts

Back