2nd batch yummy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gone_fishing

Reaction score
First batch was a basic Pale Ale. Very inconsistent. Some bottles very good. Some odd. I think the cleaner I used stuck to some of the bottles. I brewed a Belgian Tripel for my wife. Tasting the first bottle and I think it tastes terrific. Will leave it for another week or two to carbonate more. Gives me some encouragement with brewing. :ban:

Well done. Certainly don't give up. Everybody makes a mistake or two. Just don't make the biggest of all by quitting.

Congrats on a successful brew and cheers to many more!

I have a buddy that has been brewing for years. Placed silver in the last AZ beer competition with a black lager. He still f**ks batches up sometimes...

freisste, give up? Nah, I am WAY to OCD for that. I have a batch of Saison ready to bottle this coming week and IIPA fermenting away. Told my wife tonight (after 4 Lagunitas Lil Sumpin Sumpin) that I plan on keggin in the future. Sold her on it by saying it's to save space since our house lacks space and we have 2 young kids.

gone_fishing said:
freisste, give up? Nah, I am WAY to OCD for that. I have a batch of Saison ready to bottle this coming week and IIPA fermenting away. Told my wife tonight (after 4 Lagunitas Lil Sumpin Sumpin) that I plan on keggin in the future. Sold her on it by saying it's to save space since our house lacks space and we have 2 young kids.

Great attitude. I love it. Also on selling SWMBO. I think I actually just sold mine on refrigerating the root cellar to a constant temp for the summer. In the winter I can lager, but in the summer it gets into the 70's. (Unfortunately it is below our front porch which faces west - even in Michigan the basement gets hot...)

Pretty sure I can DIY my way into having a walk-in fermentation chamber 3ft x 15ft! It's an exciting day. And here I was having trouble convincing her that I needed a chest freezer to ferment in!

I also have a partially built cabinet that I am making to house my fermentation buckets. This makes it look neater in my home office and keeps my little boys from messing around with them.

Back