22.5 Cu Ft Chest Freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zixxer10R

Reaction score
Just thought ya'll might want to congratulate me on scoring a 22.5 Cu Ft deep freezer for $50 this weekend. It's gonna be one massive fermentation chamber!

Yay me!

Whoo hoo ! Ferm temp control really helped my beers... Check out the DIY temp controller - really easy and really cheap!!

How much would you say it helped your extract batches? That's all i'm doing right now until i can get my 1/4 keg top cut off for a HLT, and a 10 gallon cooler for my MLT.

Temp control makes a much better brew whether extract or AG. It's all about keeping our friends the Yeasties in their happy zone. Grats on the Mega-chamber. I currently have a 12 ish c.f. and wish it were twice the size.

Nice one!

Just 8 kegs, all the lines, co2 valves, etc, etc, etc and you're there !

Don't you just love this hobby !

Another excuse to spend money on stuff for YOU ! :mug:

Actually, this will be my exclusive fermentation chamber. I've got a side by side as my kegerator!

You sir are the winner.

winning-20110302-095320.jpg

I've got one about that size and can get 10 cornies plus a 20lb CO2 tank in there. Mine has a small chamber that takes up about the last foot of the freezer where I keep fittings, dry yeast, etc, and without that, I could get up to 12-13.

Congrats on the find.

Back