21'st bday newbie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pbpredator

Reaction score
Well the day has finally come, today is my birthday I turn 21 and am finally able to register and become a part of this forum. I am from central florida, Never Brewed before but i have been reading alot about it and I cant wait to start. I found this forum after looking around for home brewing forums, saw it on google, it was a bout a week ago so I waited and today I finally registered Any newbie information would be great!

Welcome, The search is your friend. If you think you have an unusual/stupid question, trust me, at least 500 other people had it too. You are not alone. The + side to it is your answers are already here for you. Browse around and read a few weeks, you will absorb more information than you know what to do with.

Welcome, The search is your friend. If you think you have an unusual/stupid question, trust me, at least 500 other people had it too. You are not alone. The + side to it is your answers are already here for you. Browse around and read a few weeks, you will absorb more information than you know what to do with.

WOW IP, aren't we being the helpful one today. Special occasion?

Anyway, to the OP, WELCOME to HBT. :mug:

Welcome. My 21st was all Natural Ice and Keystone. Glad to see some in the next generation have better taste then I did.

ahhh 21.. I woke up in a bathtub with obscene pictures (drawn in sharpie!) all over my body and a giant swastika on my forehead. Aaand weeks later, received the photographs to prove it. HBD! Have fun and be careful!

Welcome and happy Birthday.
I'll try and type softly tomorrow as your probably gonna be very hung over.

Well the day has finally come, today is my birthday I turn 21 and am finally able to register and become a part of this forum... I found this forum after looking around for home brewing forums, saw it on google, it was a bout a week ago so I waited and today I finally registered

Happy 21st birthday! You must be pretty patient (which is a good thing when homebrewing), since you waited a week to join the forum instead of being like all of the punks who come on looking how to make hooch. That's a plus right there, so you'll fit in just fine. Now get hammered, it's your 21st!:mug::tank::rockin::drunk:

Thanks everyone for the great welcome... sorry I didnt repost sooner i needed almost a full day for recooperation... :X drinks just KEPT coming my way! i think the bartender was trying to get me drunk :X she just kept bringing me stuff. wow it will definitally be a night to remember!

Well, It's been a long time since I posted this. I don't like to revive old threads but I think in this instance it might be pretty cool. So Soon after my birthday a lot of things changed. I got in a little trouble, quit drinking entirely and moved to New Hampshire. Almost 5 years later and here I am again. I just ordered my first starter kit and it should be here in 4 to 5 days. Now to move on to a new chapter, the one where I enjoy beer because I made it and want to learn as much as I can about it, not because it gets me stupid drunk. Here is what I ordered.

https://www.windriverbrew.com/apprentice.html

I figured I would see if there are any recommendations or tips anyone could make. I figured with it being such a low price I could get that and then buy anything that this kit is lacking from the local brew store down the road. I'm not sure if this comes with Sanitizer or not. But I will be sure to pick some of that up. Also if anyone has experience with this kit would be great to know the pros and cons. Thanks in advance!

That's a pretty good kit for being $5 cheaper than Midwest's basic brewing kit. And you got a good choice of ber kits there too. I'd pick an ale kit for the first time out. Lager fermenting takes cooler temps in the fermenter,besides lagering the beer for a couple months afterwards.

I went with the Gopher pale ale. Being that winter is coming soon I wanted a darker beer. Hopefully ill be brewing next weekend!

Yeah, that's not a very dark beer for a "darker beer", but it should be pretty good for starting out on. I once had the lady who cut my hair tell me she likes darker beers, and when I asked which ones, she said "Heineken". I told her that wasn't a dark beer, but she said when you look at it next to Bud Light it's dark! Well, I couldn't disagree with that, never having placed a glass of each next to each other!

I'm guessing in about a years time you will have brewed up a nice rich stout for winter. Let us know how this batch turns out! You'll want to keep the temperature of the BEER at about 65 or so during fermentation. Also you will probably want to keep the beer in the primary for a few days longer than the instructions. They generally tell you to be as fast with this as possible, but there are many factors to consider, too many to make 7-10 days the absolute truth every time.

Most of all, HAVE FUN!

I know this isn't a very dark beer, but it was darker than a lot of the other choices and something most of my friends and family will enjoy.

Back