• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Virginia 20lb aluminum co2 tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AznDrgn

Reaction score
*****UPDATE*******
Just swapped the tank for a full one with a plastic handle and a fresh hydro date of 12/13. Price is $100.

I work in Falls Church and live in South Alexandria at the moment so I could meet in either of those areas or along 495 between those areas. I will upload a pic as soon as I can. The tank is painted red but it is not stamped with coca cola or any other soda distributors name on it.

Pics have been uploaded on the second page.

Nobody needs or wants a 20lb CO2 tank? This thing holds 4 times what the standard 5lb one holds and around here costs ~$20 to fill. I haven't filled a 5 in years but from what I've heard they are around $15-$18 to fill so it's ~$5 more to get 4 times the co2. I'm open to offers and if someone wants it shipped I can look into pricing just let me know your zip code.

You're probably not going to get a ton of hits, as there's a guy on here selling recently hydro-tested CO2 tanks, 70 shipped for a 20# steel, and 85 shipped for an aluminum.

Thanks for the heads up guys. Not really sure why hydro matters since it looks like most people in that thread are doing exchanges. Oh well if that is what the market dictates then it is what it is.

I agree, hydro only matters on "pretty" tanks that you want to keep. I have a powder coated blue 10# tank that is good for a few more years. I need to get rid of it though because I prefer to swap with my airgas distributor.

Some places charge extra to exchange an out of Hydro tank, some don't. I'm not trying to dump on your thread or anything. Sorry if it comes that way

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

Some places charge extra to exchange an out of Hydro tank, some don't. I'm not trying to dump on your thread or anything. Sorry if it comes that way

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

No worries, all good information. Around here I haven't had any problems swapping out a tank with an expired hydro. I guess if nobody takes it off my hands when I got get my next ones I'll just take this one with me and swap it for a full one with a good hydro and just add the cost of the swap to the price.

Here are the pics

1394752069485.jpg

1394752084070.jpg

1394752094417.jpg

Back