2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't STAND coaches challenge, I wish it would go away. I have felt this way all season, even when it goes in my teams favor I still can't stand it.

Honestly not sure I like it either. We got a goal called back for that exact same thing a couple months ago. Guy's skate looked like it was a quarter inch off of the ice (maybe)- didn't think it was definitive enough to overturn the goal, but they did. However, it is part of the game now, so you really can't blame them for using it.

Well, Mason's good showing in game one was a different story tonight. That 2nd goal. Ouch. I almost feel bad for the guy. Oh wait, no, that's just gas.

A nice decisive two game lead heading up to Philly. Let's end it there. Let's Go Caps!

Those awful jerseys tho:eek:
I've seen worse.

Anaheim's 3rd jerseys have got to be the ugliest uni's in the history of athletic competition.

They are better suited for a community service road detail.

They're so hideous I won't post a pic for fear the it would get the thread closed.
I've seen worse. The Islander's "Fisherman" jersey comes close, but dat flying V...

32be48ab2fa36e283a6d7d9610d4ec9e.jpg

Anyone notice how much more enjoyable it is to watch a post-season game when your team isn't playing?
I've got way too used to it over the past decade. I figure the Leafs will have enough young talent stockpiled to sneak into the postseason in a few years.

Wearing my Caps jersey at work... 7pm can't come soon enough. Make this series 3-0!

Hell of a game between the Wild and Dallas last night! The Stars came out swinging and got to an early 2-0 lead, but the Wild got their s*** together and won it 5-3!

That Caps Flyers game was something else... wow. Halfway makes me expect riots when the Caps sweep them tomorrow. :D

That Caps Flyers game was something else... wow. Halfway makes me expect riots when the Caps sweep them tomorrow. :D

I wouldn't worry about it. They don't really care that much, they just need something to fight about. They will move on to the next thing very quickly. How are the Phillies doing? :D

Of course I watched the first two periods (hope Brooks is alright but I'd wager out the rest of the playoffs) and missed the 3rd period sh**show. Wish I would have watched.

Riots after the sweep is my bet as well. Caps have rocketed right back into form it seems. Looking forward to a big red machine steamrolling its way to the Cup.

i think the wings could stand to loose a few more games to turn overs and penalties. G0d dam clown shoes.

they looked great when they were skating...like pure **** when trying to put together set plays.

"Hawks self-destructed with some bad penalties in the 3rd. One on Kieth, one on Shaw. I expect they'll show up to play in game 5.

But hey, we're one win away from slaying the dragon."

And Shaw gets to sit out a game. That is certainly not going to help the Hawks. Looks it it just might be the Blues year.

See, it could be the Blues year, but it won't be. Because it's the Caps year.

When your team is suddenly doing very well, but won't get glory because another team is doing just slightly better? Gee, why does that sound familiar...

TIME TO BRING YOUR BROOMS TO PHILLY BOYS!

Edit: forum won't let me CAPSLOCK an entire sentence :(

EDIT 2: ITS FIXED! LETS GO CAPS!!!!

Ouch.... Scott Laughton of the Flyers damn near knocked unconscious after sliding into the boards with a good amount of speed. Had to be put on a back board by the athletic trainers of both teams and rolled off the ice on a stretcher. Hope he is okay...

Here's a video of his collision with the boards

Fully expect the Wings to leave the ice dejected and tired after tonight's game. They just can't sustain enough defense to help the goalie, and the Power Play is practically non-existent. The opposition gets to get away with a lot more when they aren't afraid of paying for it on the PK.

I wish we could go to a game 7, but I don't see it happening.

I saw a FB video where someone cut an intermission "shoot the puck" video with the Steve Mason goal, with the fan celebrating raucously afterwards & Mason sulking. Can't find it anywhere else on the Intarwebs to link here :(

Lifelong fan here. Grew up in Buffalo and I still wear my gear proudly.

Blues/Caps final with Caps winning.

Back