2015 BJCP import

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly765

Reaction score
Is there a way to "import" the 2015 BJCP guidelines to all my previous recipes saved in Beersmith? Or, do I have to manually change it to every single recipe?

Kind of. The thing is that when you first made a recipe it may have been made to certain guidelines (BJCP 2008) for example where it fit pretty well, whereas if you changed it's style to an updated category then it might not fit the current 2015 guidelines as well or just be on the cusp.

I think having all of my old recipes that were built to fit 2008 guidelines remain that way is fine since I can see them in their historic context, whereas if I was to redo one of those batches I would update the style guideline on the new version and make recipe adjustments as well.

Not to mention, what decision would the software make if the category it's moving FROM doesn't exist in the new guidelines (e.g. Dusseldorf Alt, Premium American Lager, etc)

Has Beersmith updated the BJCP to the 2015 guidelines. Last time I checked there were no updates

The BJCP 2015 style guidelines update/add-on has been available since a couple weeks after the guidelines were released. Check the File-Add-ons menu, it should be there. If you want them to be the default guidelines that you'll need to adjust that in your 'Preferences' as well.

Latest posts

Back