2014 Hopslam search

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridire

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone get their hands on Hopslam yet this year?

I was just told that a local store will be getting theirs tomorrow...and I'll be there.

Started seeing it on Tap and in shops last week in mid-Michigan. Couldn't help but partake in both modes of delivery.

I stopped in to a store where I saw it last year and asked if they got any this year. The owner told me to stop by again tomorrow and he would have it on the shelves.

I actually like regular IPA better than these DIPA's but it is cool to get a six or so of them once a year when they're available. Plus my hop tolerance seems to be going up these days so maybe I'll enjoy it more than I remember from last year.

I still think Two Hearted is a superior beer.

I've really been enjoying Greenbush's Brother Benjamin lately. It's another 10% IPA with honey, so if you haven't had one yet I'd say pick out a bottle and see which one wins. Probably not a good idea to drink them back to back though. :). Both are winners but the BB is super balanced and I've been loving it lately.

Huge Two Hearted fan here too.

We have a ton of it out in Ann Arbor. If our looking for it almost every liquor store in Ann Arbor has stacks of it.

Grabbed a 6 almost as soon as it came off the truck. About 2 this afternoon. Gave away 2 to my boss already. Kahns in Indy had several cases by the door.

I picked up 2 sixers yesterday and while i find this years to be enjoyable, it not as good as last years. This years seems to be less hoppy to me

Snagged a case yesterday. In Livonia.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Picked up a sixer for me and one for my friend the other day. Love that stuff!

Brother Benjamin is also a great beer. I've been impressed with Greenbush beers.

Picked up a sixer for me and one for my friend the other day. Love that stuff!

Brother Benjamin is also a great beer. I've been impressed with Greenbush beers.

I agree...all the Greenbush I have tasted so far has been pretty tasty

I got 2 cases last week and another yesterday. Seems like alot of places in Metro Detroit are limiting to 1 or 2 6 packs per customer. At least Busch's is. They also seem to have the best price, as far as I have seen..

I got 2 cases last week and another yesterday. Seems like alot of places in Metro Detroit are limiting to 1 or 2 6 packs per customer. At least Busch's is. They also seem to have the best price, as far as I have seen..

How much was Busch selling it for? Just curious

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Whole Foods in Troy, MI is selling them for $16.99 plus deposit per six-pack. 8° Plato in Ferndale, MI and Holiday Market in downtown Royal Oak is also $16.99. Seems to be the consistent price.

Score!! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389973495.929211.jpg

$16.99/ 6 by the way. But the store owner must have given me a break for 12 because I got change on $35 and we have 6% tax and $0.10 deposit.

Sidebar: a lot of Metro-Detroit home brewers in this thread. Any local clubs or HB meet-ups around here? If not, we should get one together.

Sidebar: a lot of Metro-Detroit home brewers in this thread. Any local clubs or HB meet-ups around here? If not, we should get one together.

What part of the metro area are you from? I would love to be in a club if I can make the time for it. 3 young kids in various activities right now so it is tough enough to find time to brew let alone to meet with a club.

EDIT: never mind, I see that you said "Royal Oak" earlier. That's not too far but certainly not right around the corner. I am in northern Macomb County.

What part of the metro area are you from? I would love to be in a club if I can make the time for it. 3 young kids in various activities right now so it is tough enough to find time to brew let alone to meet with a club.

I'm in Royal Oak. I'm envisioning something perhaps monthly. Not sure if this currently exists, but it'd be cool to have a HB meet-up once in a while for us in this area.

There are a few clubs around. Pretty sure AIH has one at one of their locations, if not both. Liberty brewing in Plymouth had one. I'm sure there are clubs in the RO area too..

There are a few clubs around. Pretty sure AIH has one at one of their locations, if not both. Liberty brewing in Plymouth had one. I'm sure there are clubs in the RO area too..

Plymouth and Taylor/A2 would be a haul for me. Maybe I can find something closer to Royal Oak. I think Kuhnhenn's in Warren used to have one.

Headed to pick up my 2 reserved 6 packs. My wife's family is coming in for the weekend... Gonna need it :)
May stop by the local beer bar (Renos) first to try it on tap.

Picked up a case last Friday at Bells General store. Went back in on Sunday to buy a couple of six packs for my brother in law and they were sold out. I just heard they will be getting more in soon.... but I have mine!

Thank goodness, on a side note it looks like there is a straw in your beer, but its just the paper towel seperator

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Home Brew mobile app

Haha...I noticed that, too. I was wondering if someone would ask if I was sucking it through a straw.

Just wish we could get Hopslam in Texas.

Enjoy By should be hitting soon, and I'm trying to chase down some Sucks.... but....mmm Hopslam... that is good stuff.

Just wish we could get Hopslam in Texas.

Enjoy By should be hitting soon, and I'm trying to chase down some Sucks.... but....mmm Hopslam... that is good stuff.

We can always trade.... :)

Latest posts

Back