2012 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OpenContainer

Reaction score
I've read that this is best with a few years age on it, and when I moved into a new house this past week, I found a sixer that I had tucked away in a dark closet in the old apartment back in 2012. When I bought them I bought twelve and drank six of them fresh and they were still pretty darn good. My question to the masses......has anyone drank a 2012 bottle recently? Is it time to put these bad boys in the fridge and celebrate the new house, or should I give them another year?

I've read that this is best with a few years age on it, and when I moved into a new house this past week, I found a sixer that I had tucked away in a dark closet in the old apartment back in 2012. When I bought them I bought twelve and drank six of them fresh and they were still pretty darn good. My question to the masses......has anyone drank a 2012 bottle recently? Is it time to put these bad boys in the fridge and celebrate the new house, or should I give them another year?

Another year. I do verticals every year of Bigfoot. For some reason, I had a rather large storage of 2012 and have drank a few more than normal. My last vertical put 2011 near the top, with 2009 probably the best.

For me personally, there are three ages I like to drink bigfoot: fresh, 3 years old and older than 6.

2012 was a good year though.

Back