2011 HBT Fantasy Baseball Season!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JohnnyO said:
Who is going to win the Beltran sweepstakes? It's amazing how open these conversation go now. Is it just the NY media covering this, or are other areas covering it as well?

Hey John, good luck w/ the coming baby!

re: Beltran: We are not getting info here as to what the Mets are asking for him; just speculation on prospects...

Sorry Wendy. I will look into the trophies to correct any errors. And thanks for the well wishes. My wife is due on 8/10. We're forecasting his arrival for somewhere between 8/6 and 8/8.

Guidry, there is a HBT fantasy football league already set up. Do a search for the thread. I was in one last season, and I believe some other guys are setting up another league this year.

Hi,
It looks like I was awarded the Low Attenuation award for the same crummy week (L/A awarded 4-25 & 4-26). cheers, Wendy

I checked. I didn't see you awarded the Low Attenuation Award. Last two cycles it was Bridgetown IPAs and Portland Perlicks.

Please take care of Beltran out there. While we're on a five game winning streak now even though he left, this team will miss him. As do we.

I've lost six in a row!! I don't know if I should blame the Mets or my newborn.

All trophies are updated. Sorry for the delay.

With the newborn, it's hard to keep up.

Do we have any deadbeat teams? I saw that the Furies have been racking up the Low Attenuation Awards. Is it just bad luck?

I may want to share manager responsibilities after this season ends. Anyone interested? This would have to be a semi-democratic process.

All trophies are updated. Sorry for the delay.

With the newborn, it's hard to keep up.

Do we have any deadbeat teams? I saw that the Furies have been racking up the Low Attenuation Awards. Is it just bad luck?

I may want to share manager responsibilities after this season ends. Anyone interested? This would have to be a semi-democratic process.

The 5280 Sluggers aren't deadbeats -- my team's just snakebit this season. That's what I get for missing the draft.

Dude, Baseball Furies has been DEADBEAT SINCE THE YEAR STARTED....weaksauce. Give someone else the team.

congrats on the baby Johnny!

I managed to wrestle away the low attenuation award last week from the Furies. Woohooo *sigh

Congrats to everyone who made it into the Playoffs this year!!

I updated the trophies for the last two weeks of the season. No trophies will be awarded for high and low point totals during the playoffs.

Best of luck to you all!

Playoffs are heating up! Looks like its gonna be close with teams "shutting down" certain players who are critical to many of our teams....damn!

Johnny, if you need help with the league next year, I'd be more than happy to help you brother.

It has been fun, thanks for the games!
I am in it for 3rd or 4th plc I guess. Last week was very bad & now they remembered how to hit and throw. ha ha. The hard thing will be deciding the keepers... Seven, right?

Playoffs are heating up! Looks like its gonna be close with teams "shutting down" certain players who are critical to many of our teams....damn!

Johnny, if you need help with the league next year, I'd be more than happy to help you brother.

Thanks dude. Let's touch base when pitchers and catchers report.

It has been fun, thanks for the games!
I am in it for 3rd or 4th plc I guess. Last week was very bad & now they remembered how to hit and throw. ha ha. The hard thing will be deciding the keepers... Seven, right?

Congrats on a successful first season, Wendy! You're correct. Seven keepers.

Wendy and Othon: I've been out of town for work, but back now. I'm thinking something from Dry Dock Brewing, since they don't distribute widely.

Wendy, did you ever get the beer you were owed? I didn't, maybe "JDS" just forgot about me...I'll have to send him a message.

Hey Othon,
I did not get my beer-- I'd like to get it, though. Hopefully just an oversight!

[and good game last week, congrats on making the finals]

So last night was the best night of baseball in recent memory! I mean the BoSox and Bravos go down and the Rays and Red Birds clinch playoff berths! Wild card weds was awesome.

I do have a complaint. The Dirty South Goose Boners reached their pitching limit of 18 starts on monday 9/26 and therefore the points accumulated on tues. 9/27 and weds 9/28 shouldn't count. Am I right or wrong? After all I've read the rules and it clearly states,"* - If a team exceeds a games played limit during the middle of a gameday, that team will continue to accumulate stats until the end of the day. Stats will not count for any position which the games played max has been exceeded before the gameday begins."

So from my point of view the 39.4 points Ray scored on tues/weds from "in eligible" pitching shouldn't count. Hopefully the someone can clarify this for me, preferably the league manager...either way, I had a blast and just need to know for my own piece of mind, haha!

WOW!! Lost the <cough? consolation <cough> season finale to the Stout Troopers by 0.3 points. Serves me right for picking up a SF starter for the last day.

Anyway, I'd rather lose the finale and see the Bosox drown than the other way around!

Had a great time this year....When is draft day?

Congrats to the Dirty South Goose Boners for winning the second HBT FBB championship. I will be ordering an awesome FBB championship trophy for you to keep all year as a reminder of your victory. Does the fact that the O's beat your BoSox, eliminating them from the wild card make you feel terrible even though Jim Johnson won the FBB championship for you?

WOW!! Lost the <cough? consolation <cough> season finale to the Stout Troopers by 0.3 points. Serves me right for picking up a SF starter for the last day.
Yeah Surkamp is terrible! My SP (Cain) was supposed to go...at least he didn't get another hard luck loss with our terrible offense. Last night was awesome.

noooobooodyy??!!
(oh diff sport) ha.
Happy New Years, and hope you got lots of brew toys from swimbo/santa.
cheers,
Wendy

noooobooodyy??!!
(oh diff sport) ha.
Happy New Years, and hope you got lots of brew toys from swimbo/santa.
cheers,
Wendy

Hey everyone! Happy 2012. As a Mets fan, I'm still hibernating. Dreading the day that Reyes comes to NY in that ridiculous Miami jersey. That is, if he makes it that far before blowing out his hamstring.

Considering we have a mostly complete league, I was going to wait to open the 2012 thread until later in February.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Sorry, some odd reason I dont get notified when theres new posts. should prob subscribe....IM GETTING ANTSY FOR A NEW SEASON. ALTHOUGH AS MUCH AS YOUR MAD ABOUT REYES, IM NOT HAPPY ABOUT PUJOLS.

I might be entertaining trades. Not that I HATE the angels, I grew up going to both dodger and angel games....I just know how annoyed I will be of the amount of bandwagon Angel fans that will come out of the woodwork and open their mouth like they have some shred of baseball knowledge.

Especially while Im waiting for an owner with the balls and pocket book of art moreno to replace mccourt.

Back