2009 Fantasy Football Veterans League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, only one person hasn't paid their share.

I say that if you don't get on it, and pay NOW, then your name will be mentioned here, and you'll not be allowed to play next year.

Not only that, if you win, it'll take longer to pay out your winnings than you can even begin to imagine. I'll send $1 a week for 100 weeks. (Or however much the winnings are, as I can't even remember what we decided on, since I knew I wouldn't have a prayer of winning!) :D

if that person has not paid before the start of week 10 Sunday, let me know and I'll look at suspending their team.

Next year, no one gets an invitation to sign up until fees are paid.

Payment sent, sorry I procrastinated on sending the money. I am a ****** and deserve the public humiliation.

No argument there...............:D j/k.

I got the payment. That means all are paid up. Due to paypal fees, and some of you guys sending a bit more to cover the fees (thanks!), we have a total of $307.25 in our "bank".

Anybody wanna trade LT for a good wide receiver?

Yikes. Looks like my team is back to normal. Just got spanked big time by the altar boys.

Seriously? Carson Palmer, 5 td's? Ouch.

OK, so I didn't get spanked, but I did get beat. In fact, if Santana Moss wasn't such a damned butterfingers in the end zone I would have won. Scored 105+ points and lost. Bird, I feel your pain.

OK, who wants to trade for Larry Johnson? I hate that ****ing idiot. Ain't going to take much, a tight end or a halfway decent defense and I'll probably bite.

Damnit. Another year and I suck yet again. Burned by DuhSean (who I had last year) and friggen McNabb has been worthless. Don't think I've ever been this bad. I'm going to start claiming the entrance fee as a tax write-off.

:p

The Eagles are the most frustrating team for fantasy purposes. There's no consistency there at all. I had McNabb last year, and it seemed like he was crap for half the season (and DeSean lost *me* a game last year when he dropped that damn ball before he crossed the goal line). Keep waiting for McCoy or whatever his name is to break out, but even if Westbrook is out (did he get concussed?), I don't trust Reid to not just throw the ball sixty times.

2nd most points, yet I have 3 losses. What the hell is wrong with Drew Brees anyway? Doesn't he know that he's supposed to get me 20+ points EVERY week? :D

The only guy I can complain about is TO. What a total failure so far this season. I thought about dumping him for Mike Sims-Walker, then 2 days later, Walker was gone. I thought about dumping him for Maclin the week before Maclin had 2 TD's, then of course Maclin was gone.

DOH!

With my PIT defense on a bye this week, I'm taking a calculated risk that the Rams will continue to play poorly on offense. They have only scored 60 points all season, so hopefully they will make the very bad Lions defense look good and get me some points. Of course now that I've done this, the Rams will go out and hang 50 on the Lions at home this weekend. :rolleyes:

Looks like some good match ups today. Good luck everyone!

olllllo don't forget to set your line up ;)

I didn't forget. I intended to take care of it Sunday morning.

Had a problem with my Fermentation Chamber in that it kept tripping the breaker in my Garage which is also tied into the Kitchen GFCI. I had intended to set it up on it's own circuit for awhile now.

I recently cranked the temps down on some beer and that was causing it to trip all the time.

Since it was the day after Halloween, I had to (SWMBO) take care of it that morning because all the Halloween stuff was going into the attic. I had to shut off all the power in the house to wire from the attic back to the breaker box.

Sorry for that.

That sucks man. But don't apologize to me, I enjoyed the easy win. I was just giving you a friendly heads up. I kinda felt like I was taking advantage of you or something...weird, I've never had that problem in the past. I must be getting soft in my old age. Hope that the job went OK and that SWBMO payed you appropriately.

That sucks man. But don't apologize to me, I enjoyed the easy win. I was just giving you a friendly heads up. I kinda felt like I was taking advantage of you or something...weird, I've never had that problem in the past. I must be getting soft in my old age. Hope that the job went OK and that SWBMO payed you appropriately.

See, I tried doing that to olllllllllllo a few weeks ago (he had a half-dozen plays hurt or on bye or otherwise inactive); he ended up beating me senseless!

**REMINDER**

Thursday Night football starts this week on NFL network. All rosters must be set before Thursday night games start.

So you're saying he has a chance?

I was on the edge of my seat last night, watching Brady vs. Manning, and thought that Erik would pull it out in the end. It feels good to be the victor for a change!

Never give up hope right?

That was a great game last night. I did have R. Wayne in this league, and
R. Moss in my other league so I was pulling for both QBs. I didn't realize that you two had those guys going against each other, I bet that was nerve racking.:D
Congrats on the win!

Never give up hope right?

That was a great game last night. I did have R. Wayne in this league, and
R. Moss in my other league so I was pulling for both QBs. I didn't realize that you two had those guys going against each other, I bet that was nerve racking.:D
Congrats on the win!

Yeah, Erik had Manning, and I had Brady and we were super close throughout. I had Addai, who had a couple of TDs, so I cheered for rushing TDs for the Colts, while hoping for a big night for Brady, so that took the edge off of the Patriot's loss!

yeah i thought i might pull it out at the end but addai's 15 pts were just too much to overcome even with manning putting up 30+.:mad:

edit: yooper hows the deer hunting going up there? the corn is still up here giving the bastiges way too many places to hide

So, is anyone watching "The League" on FX? Show's about five buddies and revolves around their fantasy league. Funniest thing I've seen in a long time, and I'm worried that it's going to get killed before it gets a chance to catch on. Hell, even my wife likes it; she was simultanously offended and guffawing, which I think it pretty much the apex for how good a show can get.

It's actually quite well-written, as well as tremendously over-the-top.

There's a few clips on Youtube, but it's also on Hulu.

Last edited by a moderator:
I confess that I am a horrible person.

I LOVE the Packers. LOVE them. I'm tied at 6-7 with about 3-4 other players, and the last spot for the playoffs is between Bernie and me.

He has Aaron Rodgers, Derrick Mason (Baltimore), and Greg Jennings. He needs 35 points to claim that last spot.

I need to root for the Packers, but hope to hell that Rodgers does NOT throw a TD to Jennings, and that Rodgers sucks tonight. Plus, that Mason sucks.

I'm a terrible person.

I confess that I am a horrible person.

I LOVE the Packers. LOVE them. I'm tied at 6-7 with about 3-4 other players, and the last spot for the playoffs is between Bernie and me.

He has Aaron Rodgers, Derrick Mason (Baltimore), and Greg Jennings. He needs 35 points to claim that last spot.

I need to root for the Packers, but hope to hell that Rodgers does NOT throw a TD to Jennings, and that Rodgers sucks tonight. Plus, that Mason sucks.

I'm a terrible person.

PPPPHHHHHBBBBBBBTTTTTTT!!!

Good luck getting invited to my housewarming party, beyotch!!!!

:D

PPPPHHHHHBBBBBBBTTTTTTT!!!

Good luck getting invited to my housewarming party, beyotch!!!!

:D

Well, Bernie, I'm sure it sucks being left out of the playoffs. :D

But the Pack won, and so for me, it's the best of both worlds!

Let me bask in the glory of arising to mediocrity for just a few days, please? ;)

Woot, just made it!

Of course, without DeAngelo Williams and Clinton Portis, methinks it's probably not in the cards for me this year... :(

Well, Bernie, I'm sure it sucks being left out of the playoffs. :D

But the Pack won, and so for me, it's the best of both worlds!

Let me bask in the glory of arising to mediocrity for just a few days, please? ;)

Who says that it will only be a few days Yoop? You could totally pull off the upset and advance to the next round. That's the thing about fantasy football, regular season doesn't mean squat! Good luck to Yoop and everyone else who made it to the playoffs.

Who says that it will only be a few days Yoop? You could totally pull off the upset and advance to the next round. That's the thing about fantasy football, regular season doesn't mean squat! Good luck to Yoop and everyone else who made it to the playoffs.

Well, true. Except I still have the same sucky team. I've been without a decent WR the entire season, and I doubt that Lee Evans is going to suddenly break out.

Well, true. Except I still have the same sucky team. I've been without a decent WR the entire season, and I doubt that Lee Evans is going to suddenly break out.

Well you did just put up 105 points last week. Had we played that would have beaten me since Brett Favre came back to earth. Anything is possible.

I had a PHENOMENAL team last year, but got destroyed in the semifinals. Hell, never would have expected to put up 109 last week with Jonathan Stewart and LeSean McCoy (who did nothing) as my only healthy running backs. FFB is as much about luck as it is about analysis (as long as you're not a total ****tard with how you put together your team).

This weekend's going to suck. I've been trying to sub out guys when they're matched up against New England, which hasn't been a problem because none of my "stud" players (such that they are) have played NE. Not that big a deal to bench Mike Bell or Austin Collie - but my two best running backs are now DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart, and we're playing Carolina.

I think I'm going to just start both and not watch the game, it's too hard trying to root for individual players when I want the team to lose - you end up wanting them to lose VERY SPECIFICALLY (rooting for Carolina's running backs to destroy us, but for Delhomme to throw eight interceptions - none of which is out of the realm of possibility).

Back