$200 budget for B-day gift, what should I get?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garcia

Reaction score
Future wife and I agreed to keep it under $200 for our gifts as we are going through a wedding.

Anyways, not including beer ingredients, good wish list ideas?

If you don't already have it I would get temperature control.

Craigslist freezer ~ $150
Stc-1000 ~ $20
Thermowell for carboys ~ $20

Already got temp control, and freezer.

:-/ I mostly lager now a days.

A bucket, two BB carboys, 1keg.

I do not own a wort chiller or O2 system. I just don't see the need for the O2, and feel that the wort chiller is a waste of water. I might be wrong.

Forgot to add, spike brewing kettle with everything.

A wort chiller is anything but a waste of water. If you are afraid of wasting water you can recirculate

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Well, I think neither a wort chiller or O2 system is a waste of money. Maybe not the FIRST things to get, but I think they improve the brewing process.

I'd say a chiller and a pump, but that would be pretty close to the limit. Texas is probably not as efficient for chilling as Michigan is though.

There's all kinds of things you *could* get. If you aren't doing AG yet, I think a mill and a mash tun would make a nice upgrade. Upgrade the kegerator to more kegs.

Doing AG already. Guess I might go with some O2 system and wort chiller. Darn it, not sure what to do.

A single keg setup?

I'd want a wort chiller, wasting water or not. Chilling my wort is pretty important to me.

Ammo.

If I were going to spend $200 right now on brewing, I'd get a mill, better chiller or nicer mash tun. Most likely, a nicer mash tun. The lhbs I use do a great job milling for free. My chiller is good enough. My tun is an old chest cooler that leaks a little.

An immersion chiller with pump. Throw the pump in an ice chest with ice water and recirculate. Works great, minimal water wasted. Use it later to water your garden.

Latest posts

Back