• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

North Carolina 20% off code to Midwest Supply

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpr0930

Reaction score
Just got an email from them giving me a code for not shopping there in a while. Valid for next 3 days only. If anyone wants it pm me. Free of course, I have no plans to order anytime soon.

Its a random letter-number sequence, that's why I think it may be one time use. At bottom of email, right after "Cheers".

Does anyone have an unused one? I was just getting ready to order from them.

Thanks.

I had something that I clicked on from them....I don't know if it was a welcome as a new customer discount or not...but everything in my cart was 20% off but I had some client issues with checking out. Of course, I was in at work and our firewall doesn't let certain things through. Well I tried it again at home going through the same email and nothing. Don't know if it was a fluke or what.

After finding Austin Homebrew and their much more reasonable shipping charges, I won't be back to Midwest.

I was about to buy two 6 gallon carboy's from Midwest because they had a buy one, get one free for two days. I think that ended Saturday or yesterday. I had them in my cart, typed in the promo code and SWEET! it worked. Then I get to the shipping fee's. By the time it was added in the carboy's were $5 a carboy less then full price!!!!! Holy cow!

From now on I'll be looking for something local or a sale where shipping isn't outrageous. Guess I'll check out Austin Homebrew and see if that's any better. There are a few here in Kansas City that I could check out. Just thought I was getting an awesome deal of two carboys for around $30.

The nice thing with Austin, is the shipping rate is fixed for under $100 ($6.99) and over $100 orders ($4.99). It's markedly cheaper than Midwest's charges.

I too almost pulled the trigger on the BOGO carboys, until I saw the shipping charge. As I said above, I'll be damned if I give Midwest any more money. It's primarily out of principal for gouging their customers on shipping charges.

I've done a lot of price comparisons and Midwest even with shipping usually comes out cheapest. This is for grain and small stuff like yeast hops ph strips etc

I've done a lot of price comparisons and Midwest even with shipping usually comes out cheapest. This is for grain and small stuff like yeast hops ph strips etc
That's weird. I recently tallied up the totals for ingredients for an (extract) IPA I wanted to make. I actually compared Austin, Midwest, and Northern. Shipping included, Midwest was the most expensive. Northern and Austin were neck and neck, if I remember correctly.

I do know that PET carboys are priced exactly the same between Midwest and Austin. Factor in the shipping, and Austin wins.

I started my brewing hobby with Midwest. After a few orders I decided I wanted to try getting things closer to home. I found a shop in Nashville, TN that I could visit on occasion, but primarily have things shipped from. They charge a flat $10 for shipping. I went back to Midwest for an order because I got the 20% off email. Apparently they have gone way way down hill since my previous orders. I called since I didn't want to mess with a grain order online. Everything went smoothly. I got a confirmation email that had quantities wrong in three lines. No biggie. Everyone makes mistakes. I called and had them add the missing items. Just some yeast and hops. Whoever put it in didn't charge me for them. It was a mistake, but I figured that made us even. A few days later, I get a small box that has a ups label that says 58 lbs. It weighed about 10 lbs. They had left out 46 lbs of grain. One complete line, and 20 out of 25 lbs of another line. I called back. They shipped out the remainder of my grains, and I am waiting for them now. Shipping finally bit them back on this order. Also, one guy there apparently thinks it takes 7-10 days to get any grain through their grain room. I placed the original order on a Saturday, and was told it would ship by the following Tuesday. I called Tuesday to see if it was going to ship on time, and he said it could take until the following Tuesday for it to ship. I got my tracking number that evening. Anyway, I don't plan to order from them again anytime soon. I like a little professionalism with my business.

Back